Thursday, September 06, 2012
This blog entry is to satisfy a requirement of the Week 1, BL Fall Challenge - GO YELLOW TEAM!!!!!
5 things that have held me back in the past
1. Trying to change too many bad habits at one time - I have a tendency to have an all or nothing approach to health and weight loss. By setting too many goals, I am setting myself up for failure, and once I fail in one area, I tend to let the other goals drop as well.
2. Not doing strength training - this problem has been solved now. I hired a personal trainer for a few sessions and he taught me how to use all the weight equipment at the gym and gave me lots of workout ideas.
3. Poor planning - I have to take the time to plan my meals for the week. This includes creating a shopping list and doing prep work on the weekends.
4. Overeating when I eat out - I let all the tasty food on the menu entice me in to having more than I really want.
5. Not eating enough fruits and veggies - although I can stay within my calorie and nutrient goals, there really aren't enough fruits and veggies in my daily diet.
The one thing I am going to work on for this Fall challenge -
Eating more fruits and vegetables - this will be a daily goal. I will begin the challenge by attempting to have at least 4 freggie servings per day. By the end of the challenge I hope to be having at least 6 freggie servings daily - and they can't all be fruit! At least half must be veggies.