Wednesday, September 05, 2012
I feel that 5 things holding me back include:
1. Obsession with the Scale. I struggle with feeling like my weight needs to be at a certain number. I should not focus on this. I know this. I, of all people, know what is important about health and nutrition, but I cannot seem to apply his knowledge to myself. I still get hung up on my increased weight over the past 4 years.
2. My Desire to Be “Normal.” I feel like it’s a double-edged sword having a background in nutrition. I feel like I have to “prove” to everyone all the time that I do not and do not need to eat perfect. This has become habit and although I may do okay and choose the healthiest option while alone, I struggle with NOT letting myself go when around friends for fear of being “The Dietitian.” This is something I’ve really realized over the past 1-2 years and something I need to work on. It’s OKAY to be healthy, to eat healthy and to live differently if it’s a healthier way of living. It’s okay to be me.
3. My “All or Nothing” Attitude. This is so big for me. I am SO much like that. If I don’t see the numbers I’m looking for or if I “screw up” with my food intake I end up just throwing it all out the window and giving up for a few hours, days, weeks, months, etc. I KNOW that I can start over with the next meal or the next snack, but the second I mess up I start to feel like a total failure.
4. Lack of Energy throughout the Day. I’m so exhausted after working full time and caring for a 14 month old that I feel as though I have NO energy to exercise when it comes time!! I need to figure this out.
5. My Love for Food. Simply put, I love food. I’m not a picky eater and I like just about anything. I enjoy eating and I enjoy a variety or rich flavors. I need to focus on moderation.
Week 1 Bonus Challenge: “Reflecting”
One thing I plan to work on during this challenge is balance. I want to try to eat everything in moderation as well as balance my exercise time w/ the time spent with my daughter. I really want to work on losing the “all or nothing” attitude and find peace with myself and with not being perfect.