Some Things I Have Learned over the Last Few Months
Monday, September 03, 2012
I hit my lowest weight last November. I liked the way my new clothes fit, and I was excited to be 5 pounds from my goal. Something happened, however, and I really got off track. I have no idea what it was, but I just quit exercising, and I started eating like the old Michelle. I've been struggling to get back on track, and I think I have finally done it! I learned some things about myself over the last few months.
1. I STILL like junk food. All kinds! Chips, dips, hot dogs, candy, ice cream. I love it all. I find it hard to eat any of these things in moderation. Perhaps my greatest temptation is potato chips. I just can't have them in the house.
2. I can lose weight fairly quickly if I stick with the program, but I can gain it pretty quickly when I don't!
3. I still gain weight even when I don't get on the scale.
4. I probably shouldn't have tossed out ALL my larger sized clothes.
5. I get overwhelmed when I see my start page say I have a large amount of calories to burn at the beginning of a new week. I panic, almost!
6. The toughest part about my treadmill and elliptical is the first step on.
7. I love to exercise! But I think pushing for those high minutes and large calorie burns really burned me out. Moderation!
8. My weight affects more than just me. I am grumpy when I know I am not doing what I need to do. It affects my relationship with my husband, and how I interact with my kids.
9. It is very humbling to walk into a room knowing that I gained enough weight back that it is noticeable. I loved the comments about all the weight I had lost before!
10. I have still yet to realize that just because I overeat at one meal, I don't have permission to binge the rest of the day. That binge might carry over for DAYS!
I had lost almost 60 pounds in November. Now, I have a ways to go. I didn't gain it all back, but enough for me to not be happy with myself. I can still get there. One day at a time. One meal at a time.