I've been MIA from Spark people for the month of August but it was all because of two words "Summer Vacation". Now just because I've been away from SP doesn't mean I haven't been active or keeping up with my eating habits. (Although I have been a bit relaxed I haven't lost sight of my ultimate goal.)
Since tomorrow I will be back to work and my normal weekly schedule. I have decided to make some new goals for myself, and make a formal commitment by blogging about them.
This month I have set a goal to complete 4 days of working out and to commit to tracking my food.
I thought today I would share what exactly I had been up to on my summer vacation.
What I did on my Summer Vacation
1) Completed a 4K non competitive race (just under 40 min)
2) Attempted to complete a 7K race but was only able to do half. :(
3) Finally able to run half a mile without stopping because of training.
4) Hiked a trail in the Dolomiti Mountains (route 52)
5) Got on a bike, (something I haven't done in 15 years) and BIKED 44 kilometers from Italy to Austria (27 miles)
6) Shot a rifle at the Biathlon stadium and knocked 3 pegs down
7) Petted Ponies
8) Petted Goats
9) Petted cows
At the Rental Bike Place- preparing for our journey
Petting a Pony
Hiking on a trail in the Mountains, unprepared but doing it for fun anyways.
Biathlon Stadium, Shooting a Rifle... I knocked 3 down.
I've included a few photos from my summer vacation in today's post.
Somethings that are keeping me motivated to push forward are this.
Looking to Fall ( My Running Route at Sunset)
1) I am less than 5 pounds away from my first goal which is 20 pounds loss
2) I am less than 10 pounds away from moving OUT of the obese BMI index and into the Overweight BMI index scale.
3) I have lost 10% of my body weight.
4) I am working on losing another 12 pounds by Halloween.