30,000-39,999 SparkPoints 31,785

Crappy weekend

Monday, September 03, 2012

Where to start? I was looking forward to this, the long weekend, summer's last kick at the can so to speak. The long range started out looking good. I made plans to head up to my parents cottage. Mom wanted to have a yard sale and it was her birthday on Sunday. By Thursday, the forecast was for rain, both days. "Oh well" I thought, "maybe it won't". The drive up Friday was good. Some traffic but nothing that made you hold your breath. I had a car full of boxes for the sale. I was optimistic. Saturday dawned partly sunny/cloudy, depending on how you want to look at it. It was warm and humid. We were up with the birds in order to get the yard set up. There was a gorgeous sunset over the lake. The day looked promising. Business was slow to start but picked up around 10 am. Just as the clouds rolled in. The sky got darker. I kept telling my mom it wasn't going to rain. But it did. And the wind picked up and it howled. We went for supper at this great restaurant down the street. For her birthday. They specialize in crepes, pizza and BBQ ribs or chicken. The chicken was gone, so that left ribs or pizza. I'm not a big fan of crepes for supper. Dessert, well, that's a different story. Supper was a half rack with honey garlic sauce. Waaay, too much sauce. I scraped it off which made it better. I had a very nice spinach salad with mandarin oranges and a raspberry dressing. The was a large ear of grilled corn. No dessert and no alcohol. We walked there and back, 3 blocks each way. A good storm rolled in that night. I fell asleep to rolling thunder over the lake. Only, my phone rang at 3 am. That heart stopping moment of looking at the number and going "oh oh". It was my oldest son calling to tell me that someone had thrown a brick through our brand new (installed in october) living room window. It was storming in the city. Lucky for us, he called his dad who is with the police. He came out, took a report and called someone from the city to come out and board up our window. I'll get a bill from the city for that, but I don't care. My poor boy was up until 6 am cleaning up the glass from inside the house. I tossed and turned after the phone call but finally fell asleep around 5 am. I was awake by 8 and on the way home by 9:30. I called the emergency adjuster for our house insurance. He said there was nothing he could do. The window was boarded up. It was a long weekend. I'd hear from the company early Tuesday morning. Now I have to book a day off work without pay. Tuesday morning, I'll be phoning the company the did my windows. Hopefully, the window can replaced in an efficient time frame. I'm glad it isn't winter!! So, I've been down in the dumps all day, trying to figure out why someone would do this. Why our house? Basically, why? I've had no appetite. I managed a bowl of cereal this morning. A sandwich at lunch, and then caved and had a Big Mac for supper because I just couldn't bring myself to cook a meal. I have to work in the morning so that will keep my mind off things. I'm going to go make two healthy meals for work and then go to bed. I'm exhausted.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Sometimes it is just a random act of violence no set reason. Glad you got the window boarded up so fast and will have it taken care off before long. Good luck and feel better soon. Lucinda
    1998 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

More Blogs by STORKBYTE