I was going to make my first blog an about me blog. But I have a real NEED to write down my goals and not enough time to do both about me & my goals. I will do an about me post as soon as time allows. I really like about me blogs, as it helps me to get to know the person so much better and hence I feel I can offer them more support.
OK to my sep goals - Most of my goals are goals I NEED to do either as they NEED done or I NEED to do them so I can move forward with other goals. At times I will explain about my goals and the reasons for them. Most of these goals are not weight loss per say but things I need to do to feel free to move on to those goals.
1. To get the spine injury & back pain team active again (I am a leader there)
2. To get the 50+ and getting fit team active again (I am a leader there)
3. To buy David Allen's book GETTING THINGS DONE - Highly recommend by a SP member & as great reviews
4. To finish cleaning & organizing my home - this is a HUGE task to say the least. However strange as it may be I don't function well in a messy and/or unclean home. Due to a disease my husband has (he is 48 & has dementia) as well as me recovering from a double knee replacement surgery & fighting my own depression issues (due to hubs illness - it hit me HARD!!!) our home is totally out of control. He forgets where things goes & just tosses stuff any where. I also have a spine injury so keeping up with his "mess" seemed impossible at the time. But now it is time to take the bull by the horns. I know by having a clean & organized home (the purpose of buying the above mentioned book) I can move forward in many ares of my life.
5. To take at least 5 classes for computer codes/languages - due to my spine injury I have to start a new career at the age of 50. I have chosen web design/editorial.
6. Buy a domain name to start a site on to help other younger people, families, friends etc who have someone with dementia.
7. To tackle IRS paper work - we are self employed and I have a TON of due paper work for the IRS.
8. To get back to my eating plan - Insulin Resistance Plan (not just for diabetics)
9. To offer support to at least 10 people here at SP through emails, posts, goodies etc. Other then the posts I make on teams that I am a leader at.
10. Improve my own self care - I need a hair cut & dye job and my nails done VERY bad!!!! - I always tend to put these things last but I always feel so much better when I keep myself kept up ;) I wear better cloths, put on make up etc when I am kept up. Other wise (like right now) I wear sweat pants and T-shirts.
11. Get hubs PC fixed & hooked up for him in his office - there are lots of games that the DR said would be good for him to play.
12. Last but not least make all the Dr appts I & hub needs - we are both really behind. The appts for his dementia has been so consuming that I have left all our other health care issues slide.
Note* I definitely am a person that needs to keep my life in order. I don't function well within chaos, disorganization, unclean, unkempt situations. Meaning myself, my home, our business etc needs to be kept up. I am really praying the book will help me as it has GumDoctor.
I will return to update my progress.
Can someone please tell me if I edit/update this blog will SP let people who are subscribed to it know? Or should I update by writing a separate blog?