Sunday, September 02, 2012
See, while you all were excited about summer, I was freezing my butt off here in the southern hemisphere. And now you get to listen to me talk about how WONDERFUL THE SUN IS! I'll tell ya what, living in South Africa has made me a weather baby. I love hot, sunny weather. I can't really complain, because we get sunshine something like 320 days of the year, and the coldest it got was -2 degrees Celsius (and it SNOWED!!!). BUT I am ready for the hot sun, and the rain, and the summer loving. September is my favourite month because it means SPRING! I know that by the 24th (a public holiday) I'm going to be strutting it out in sundress and flip flops and working back the tan I got in Mozambique. Booyah.
Yesterday, hubby and I went shoe shopping and we had a BLAST! I am the luckiest girl ever because my husband is incredibly patient and hilarious and is my very best friend. We were smart and got him dress shoes first. I love waiting on him like that. He finds a chair (because there are always randoms chilling on the chairs) and I brought him style after style. This works well because he doesn't get overwhelmed by the choices, and I feel like I've contributed to his stylishness. Believe it or not but he had a hard time deciding between the styles because they were all awesome! After that we wandered around making fun of life until we stumbled upon an upper market store with a sale. We scored 1 semi casual and 1 casual shoe for the same cost that I budgeted for 1 casual shoe! Yippee!
Hubby was having so much fun, (and he wanted to bless me too!) that we started looking for shoes for me. There were a lot of duds, but my favourite shoe store had 2 styles I loved. We also got some imported Sketchers for hiking and zoo trips and things like that (important step for one of my goals!)
Within 3 hours we had 6 pairs of shoes between us! That NEVER HAPPENS! We had lunch together. I felt very "progressive" because I wanted a schwarma and he a burger so I got my own food instead of caving to what he wanted. Schwarmas are the bomb, and all the veggies I put in that thing fueled my body- I was full the rest of the day! Totally worth the 30g of carbs
And in anticipation of Spring, here are my September Goals:
1. Go on one hike.
2. Go to the zoo.
3. Make a place to have breakfast outside and try it out
4. Have family photos taken
5. Complete Flylady babysteps to try and get into a routine of keeping this giant house clean.
1. Avoid eating out
2. Plan lunches
3. Keep aiming for 8 servings of fruits/veggies a day.
4. Eat no more than 50g starchy carbs a day
5. Keep fridge well stocked
6. Start saving for a new blender so we can have smoothies again
1. Plan your AM workouts and PM workouts meticulously
2. Strive for your AM workout 6 days a week
3. Strive for your PM workout with hubby 4 days a week
4. Improve mile time (walking)
5. Look into some form of walk/jogging program that doesn't look like death on a spreadsheet.
1. Form healthy habits of exercising.
2. Enjoy the month!
3. Incorporate non-gym, non-exercise video activity into daily life.
4. Cement nutritional choices in my eating
I will keep losing weight and celebrate my 50 lbs down this month (6lbs to go). Ideally, I would like to be down to under 100kgs this month (220lbs) which would be 18 lbs -since I'm not sure what my body will be doing now that the plateau is gone I'm putting it out there. I'm hoping for a replication of my first week on glucophase (insulin regulating meds) when I dropped 12 pounds just by breathing. Ha!
A girl can dream right?