Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.


    LIBBYFITZ   45,421
SparkPoints
40,000-49,999 SparkPoints
 
 

Off to hospital for the 2nd evening in a row!


Saturday, September 01, 2012

Didn't go to the football match as hubby and I have colds. So because it was an evening game we decided to stay home and keep warm and watch it on the TV.

About an hour ago I realized I had a missed call on my mobile 'phone. It was a message from my BIL that my MIL had been taken to hospital with a cut to her head, due to a miss hap with the wheelchair and a wall!

I have called the hospital and she was having her head sutured as I was talking to the nurse, and she is going to have a CT Scan. My MIL is 88 yrs and turning 89 in October!

So I will go to the hospital as hubby has "manflu" , no, he is worse than me, I am just joking!!!lol emoticon and it is not a good idea to go to hospital with a cold.

The reason it is the second evening in a row is because.......... Sooty our beautiful fur friend decided to eat a small box of milk chocolates. How he got them is another story!

So after an emetic to make him vomit and charcoal to absorb the toxin in his gut he came home feeling a bit sad and sorry! He was a very lucky boy as he had eaten a very high toxic dose. Just soooo glad we decided to come home early from going out to dinner.

Woke up this morning and was vet checked and given the all clear. emoticon

I am going great guns! Weight continues to drop!

Just keep so busy you don't have TIME to eat and when you do eat it is HEALTHY FOOD!

emoticon emoticon emoticon and a small can of tuna or a boiled egg. Also an apple a day and the mandarins have been so yummy!

Well would love to sit here all evening and chat but must go and see what is going on with my MIL and be prepared for a long stay because if they don't have a bed for her if she needs to be admitted, I am staying put! She will be placed in a waiting area!

emoticon emoticon
SHARE
  Member Comments About This Blog Post:

BLAIRJ1 9/5/2012 12:38AM

    Phew!! What a crazy couple of a days.

Report Inappropriate Comment
BOVEY63 9/3/2012 3:16PM

    Hope all is wellwith you MIL and Sooty!
emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
LYNDALOVES2HIKE 9/2/2012 6:50PM

    Wow, that's a lot all at once - I hope MIL is doing well - I learned when I took care of my dad that people that age can have complications from even simple things - a small abrasion on my dad's toe got infected, the infection went into the bone and the toe had to be amputated - all from a very VERY minor scrape! So take care of her and love her while she's around to be loved!!

Report Inappropriate Comment
SUSIEPH1 9/2/2012 11:48AM

    Ohh my Goodness .. I hope your MIL recovers well, and is able to go home soon .
Sooty was a very lucky dog !!.
Hope you both get over your colds soon ..sounds like you are eating well, and I am looking forward to seeing you soon!!
Hugs Susie emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
OPALMOON 9/2/2012 9:17AM

    What a time you have had lately, Libby! Glad to hear Sooty got through his escapade and is okay. Sorry to hear about your MIL - I hope the hospital look after her with proper care and a bed if she needs to stay; or else send her home if she is recovered enough for that. I hope your colds both clear very soon too! Take care and get well.

Big hugs, Nattacia

emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
RAINBOWFALLS 9/2/2012 7:00AM

    I love the term manflu even if you were kidding - it made me chuckle. I'm glad you saved sooty too!

Report Inappropriate Comment
CATLADY52 9/1/2012 6:34PM

    I do hope your MIL gets either checked in to the hospital or allowed to go home without problem. emoticon Hope you and your hubby get over whatever bug has taken up residence soon.

Report Inappropriate Comment
ROSGETSSERIOUS 9/1/2012 5:45PM

    Best wishes to your MIL for a speedy recovery. So glad Ssoty is ok - I hadn't realized how toxic is for dogs. Have a great week. Cheers
Ros


Report Inappropriate Comment
HIKETOHEIGHTS 9/1/2012 10:29AM

    Boy things have been a bit crazy in your world, Poor Sooty never knew the troubles he bought himself when he binged on a whole box of chocolates. You have to give hi. Credit for having good taste though. Hope you MIL is feeling better soon,

We are still in the triple digit heat here in .California so while we are sweating a bit, no colds or flu. Take care of yourselves.

Report Inappropriate Comment
GOANNA2 9/1/2012 9:22AM

    I am glad that Sooty is ok. I hope you get over your flu.
We have had 3 deaths from flu in Qld, so look after yourselves.
I hate waiting around in hospitals too, but you can't let your MIL
on her own. I hope she doesn't wait too long for a bed.
Tke care and have a good September. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
_LINDA 9/1/2012 8:59AM

    Oh my, that is so scary about Sooty -so glad he is recovered with no ill effects that you found him in time!! I hope your MIL will be okay and that they have a bed for her if needed, falls can be so bad for elders :(( I so hate that waiting part in hospitals.
Great news you are doing well with your healthy living, seems rather unfair you caught a cold! Hope the rest of your weekend is less frantic and you can relax and get better!
Keep up the great work!!

emoticon emoticon emoticon
emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
SNOWFILLY 9/1/2012 8:16AM

    I am glad that Sooty is OK now. I hope that your MIL is OK too. emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
CODEMAULER 9/1/2012 8:04AM

    Oh, dear; too many adventures! I hope everything works out well.

Report Inappropriate Comment
CMKARLS 9/1/2012 7:44AM

  good luck with MIL - hope all is well

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post


Log in to post a comment.
 


Other Entries by LIBBYFITZ