30 Day Blog Challenge - Questions
Friday, August 31, 2012
I posted a list of 30 blog inspiring questions from a 30 Days of Weight Loss Challenge a while back. A few people seemed interested in joining me but were concerned that the list didn't really fit them very well. Many didn't fit me either and I figured I'd just adapt as I went but since others may join in I figured I'd revamp the questions before the month starts so people can decide whether they want to join in.
This is not a perfection challenge so there is NO pressure to do one a day, every day. That makes it too easy to skip one and decide not to pick up again. I would like us to use this to get to know each other better. It's not meant to make anyone uncomfortable so feel free to share only what you'd like to share. Do some of the days or all of the days. Do them one at a time or in blocks. Whatever fits your style of blogging.
I will be starting tomorrow and my goal will be to do one a day but I'll play catch-up as needed.
1: Your stats. Starting stats, current stats, goal stats. Are you currently trying to lose weight, gain weight, or maintain weight or something else? Do you have a goal for the month of September?
2. How did you pick your goal weight? Did you pick an ultimate goal weight at the beginning of your weight loss? Did it change? Did you set smaller goals along the way?
3. Who have you shared your weight loss goals with? What has been good about sharing your goals?
4. What are (or were) your fears about weight loss?
5. What is your weight history like? How old where you when you first 'went on a diet'? Have you lost and regained? How is this time different from others?
6. What has been most challenging about maintaining a weight loss (now or in the past)?
7. How do you measure progress towards or maintenance? Scale weight? Body fat percentage? How your clothes fit? Other?
8. What do you think will be different when you reach your goal weight? If you are in maintenance, what did you think would be different? What actually was different?
9. How old are you and do you think your thoughts about weight loss, fitness, and wellness have changed over time?
10. Why are you working towards the goal you talked about on Day 1? Particular health goal? Size goal? Activity goal? Vanity goal?
11. What do you like most about your body? Has what you like most about your changed as you've progressed towards your goals?
12. Post a picture of your inspiration. Thinspiration if that's your thing. Fitspiration if that's what you're after. Heathspiration if that's your primary goal. Why is this person inspiring to you?
13. What has been the hardest life style change you've made for the sake of losing weight, getting fit, or becoming healthier? Any tips for making that change easier?
14. What life style changes have been easier than you expected? Why do you think that was?
15. What is your favorite weight loss, fitness, or wellness blog (or website or magazine) outside of sparkpeople?
16. Do you follow an eating 'plan'? (Vegetarian, paleo, South Beach, Atkins, yada yada yada) How has this helped you live a healthier life?
17. Do you have any meals/snacks that you repeat over and over? What are they?
18. Do you have a go-to meal for days when you have to be on the go, no time to stop to eat and no refrigeration/cooler available?
19. What 'unhealthy' food(s)/drink(s) do you refuse to give up? Any that you have given up completely?
20. What are your favorite healthy foods? What healthy foods have you 'discovered' along the way to better eating habits?
21. Did you or do you have any disordered eating habits - binging, purging, excessive calorie restriction or excessive exercise? How did develop (or how are you developing) a healthier relationship with food?
22. What is your current workout/fitness routine?
23. What are your current fitness goals?
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.)
25. Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try?
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why?
27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey? A personal trainer. A dietician/nutritionist? A wellness coach? A life coach? What worked and didn't work?
28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being?
29. There is so much MORE to you than your wellness journey. Please share 10 facts about yourself that aren't related to your weight loss journey, how you eat, or how you exercise.
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living during the month of September?
I hope you will join in so we can get to know more about each other's journey!