So I disappeared. I apologize. I was so sick last week with a stomach virus. I started to feel better, think about exercising, and am now dealing with a head/chest cold. I certainly don't have the luck of the Irish right now.
So today is a full moon. But it's not just any full moon. It is a Blue Moon. Why is it called that? Because there are two full moons in one month. It won't look blue by any means, but it is a very rare occurrence, and won't happen again till 2015. So today... is your Once in a Blue Moon. Do something different. Something out of the ordinary. Something that you would only do... Once in a Blue Moon.
An update on my life:
- The girls started school. V is struggling a bit with kindergarten. I get lots of e-mails from her teacher.
- DQ started Competition dance this week, and I was hit with the full force of the cost of it all.
- Due to now understanding the gravity of competition cost, I have volunteered to be the Booster President of Fundraising for the dance company. I am trying to work with other moms to organize fundraising events. The city I live in never has 5K's, so I am thinking of getting together with a local charity (or a neighboring city's Band Boosters Club) and organizing a 5K. Yeah.... I've lost me marbles.
- ANOTHER FLASH MOB has been announced! This one will be in October and will be at a Halloween bash! Guess what the music will be..... THRILLER! It will be awesome, and we're thinking about showing up in our full Zombie Gear Costumes (which I haven't started on yet).
- My 15 year reunion is 10/6 (same day as my Color Run). I am also the President of the planning committee. I was a wallflower in school... who would have thought I am the woman I am today... But we are in the last push getting invites out, getting money back, etc.
- M's cousin, and his family will be down today from MI. They will be staying with us, and we will be going places and doing things all weekend.
So that's my crazy busy life. DQ is SO HAPPY to be on the comp team. She is like a totally different kid. She can't seem to stop smiling, and I will do whatever it takes to help her maintain this happiness. It is hard work, but she doesn't seem to view it as work. She runs to me and hugs me every time we have been apart, with such a smile on her face, and joy in her eyes. I am so happy to see her happy. V will be doing acrobatics this year, and possibly the daddy/daughter dance, which will start in January.
I plan on getting up early tomorrow morning and getting a run in. I have let the stomach virus and this cold hold me down long enough. My 5K is a little over a month away... EEP!
I hope you all are doing fantastic, and I will do my best over the next week to catch up with my SP friends!!