Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Today, the Spark Coach program suggested listing things beyond the scale that make me realize I am getting fitter and healthier. Ok, cool- here's the list today., subject to change as I become more awesome. :)
1. More energy. Sounds cliche, but I really can get out of bed in the AM and not drag to the coffee pot before I can form full sentences.
2. Better posture. Now I'm not sure if this is a confidence thing or muscle memory or both, but I am always tucking and straightening, and dropping. I feel like a pilates instructor is following me around at all times yelling at me in a good way.
3. I can stop eating when my correct portions are consumed. I mean, before, I would enjoy the taste of food so much, I felt compelled to have seconds, (thirds!). Now I know that I can have that food again at a later date, maybe even for lunch the next day. I eat to fuel my day, not to stuff myself.
4. I look forward to working out. God help me, I do. How the hell did that happen?
5. My skin looks really good for the first time. Ever. I had ruddy skin all my life, I have sensitive skin, and finally it looks like adult skin, not like a teenager that has been left in the sun too long.
6. My DH is succumbing to the changes. MWAHAHAHA! Ahem. Sorry about that evil laugh, but it is true. DH is a Dorito, Frito, potato chip fiend, but last night instead of griping that I don't buy that stuff anymore, he had grapes and some pistachios. The night before, he had baked tortillas and salsa. This is a big change for him , and it makes my life much easier.
And if Momma's happy, everybody's happy. And Momma is happy with the changes that are happening to make me stronger and healthier.
So, there's my list. Good stuff. Now, onto the day.