Tuesday, August 28, 2012
I took my middle son Noah to a meeting today at the middle school to finalize his schedule for next week. He is going to eighth grade. He has some autism and last year came home at 11:00 to sleep because he got over-stimulated at school. This year he wants to try a full day. Many prayers have gone into this decision but I am still worried he won't make it a full day. Well, we will see. My prayers were that it wasn't my opinion but God's will that guided the final decision.
I register my daughter (sophomore) tomorrow and my little guy (5th) on Friday. I am sad that school is here already. I will miss them here with me. I will miss our unstructured and relaxing days here at home. I know they will too. School just seems so much more demanding now than when I was in school.
1. I am helping with another family during the first part of the day during school days so that will help with the food bill.
2. Today we were invited to help harvest some green beans from a friend's yard who has too many. We brought 4 pounds home and 1 zucchini and 4 big Yukon Gold potatoes (good --I didn't have any fresh produce in the house right now and no money to go to the store)
3. Did my first 28 day workout video yesterday and enjoyed it
Things in which I am thankful
1. Friends that share
2. Sleeping in till 8am (not much longer though!)
3. Dinner is done and in the crock pot and I am making 20-24 loaves of pumpkin bread (frozen pumpkin also given from a friend) and chocolate zucchini bread today (zucchini given to us today as I said above) to freeze. We eat 1 loaf of sweetbread for breakfast on Mondays each week. A favorite breakfast of the kids'. Also, almost everything in our soup was leftover and given to us. I am very thankful for God's provision this week!