Here it is, about a week into my Bust a Plateau Plan. How am I doing? It seems to depend on the day.
Let's take a look at the commitments I set for myself last week:
- I will connect with my family and friends to find a way to get help with the family stuff so that I can get to Zumba twice a week.
DONE: My mom is helping to hang out with the kids on Tuesday evenings and my husband is with them Sunday morning for a few hours, so it looks like I am back on track with Zumba twice a week. It felt really good to go both days this week- so necessary for my body AND mind!
- I will take a walk with my family for their health and mine at least once a week.
I DON'T THINK I DID THIS ONE: I know there were times I thought about it, though I can't remember it actually happening. At 105 degrees, I could use the heat as my excuse, though it is just that- an EXCUSE.
- I will allow myself a glass of wine (limit two) but only after I have had all of my necessary water for the day.
HMM... I did a good job of drinking all my water every day, though there were a couple days when my glass of wine came before meeting my water intake goals. There were other days when I had more than 1 or 2 glasses because I was eating dinner with friends. On one day last week, this pushed my calorie intake way over my usual range. Thankfully, it was just one day.
- I will get back to blogging on SparkPeople at least once a week.
DONE: Here I am. :)
I lost one pound this week, so we are moving again the right direction- though I want so much to see success on the scale!! I bought a measuring tape today to begin looking at measurements and not just weight lost. I'm hoping this will help me as I work to focus on the small changes that add up to big differences.
Looking forward to this next week, my goals are to:
1. Stay within my calorie range each day.
2. Continue with Zumba twice a week. Look into finding a Yin Yoga class or some poses I can do at home to help stretch out my back.
3. Go for a walk with my kids at least once during the week.
4. Look for some recipes that use infant oatmeal (something I can use for the kiddos or for the whole family, but I have a TON of this stuff!)
5. DRINK WATER!!
6. Use SparkPeople to document my current measurements.
7. Blog at least once a week to evaluate my progress towards my goals.