LAALI: Chap. 3.8 - Would they know by your Purse or Computer bag?
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Living alone and loving it - goal to start bumping up exercise time by 5 mins every week
I once heard a sermon in church that said you can tell what kind of a character a person has by looking at their checkbook - do they give to good causes, do they waste money on selfish toys, do they tithe or give to the poor.
If someone looked in your purse, computer bag or pockets right now would they know you were a healthy person? Or are there wrappers from candy bars and chips? Are there coupons for fast food? Are there cigarettes? Are there receipts for high calorie dinners out, fried food lunches and too many Friday night drinks?
Or is there a gym card, hand sanitizer and a grocery list of nutritious food?
I recently was cleaning out my purse and I noticed a big change since I've really started taking off the pounds in July. No fast food receipts. No drive thru napkins. What I have noticed is there are some new and very helpful items in my healthier purse.
1) A small container of water that I refill - for either drinking or washing off fruit on the go
2) A grocery list of my top healthy foods - notable absent are baked goods like pies!
3) Plastic zip lock bags, within another zip lock bag - so I can take food home and save some for later. Also allows me to pick berries etc on the go.
4) Tea bags, and packets of True Lemon - low cal drink options
5) Small flip pad and pen - to write down what I eat when out, also cell phone is great for taking a picture so you can log later
6) Sugar free gum - to ward off eating in social tempting situations
7) A back pack strap on my purse - to make it easy to walk on the fly
8) Sparkpeople business cards - if you get talking about what you do it is an easy way to connect with people you meet, mine has the website and my page name
9) Packet wipes and deodorant - to freshen up if you do start to "glow"
10) Hand sanitizer - you don't want to eat health food with dirt hands - I refill the container with glycerin and alcohol, much cheaper and more green not throwing away all those containers... if you don't want to bother with the glycerin, just top off your regular stuff with alcohol when it is half way down.
11) Zip lock with pre measured almonds - because of the protein a good pick me up - this use to be a power bar but the almonds are working well.
12) A coin purse for receipts - how it this one healthy? Reduces stress by keeping your purse neat, allows your to review prices on grocery receipts and and easy way to transfer tax and purchase receipts
13) Library card - low cost access to nutrition info, maps of local parks, trails and events and excuse for going for a walk.
14) Zip lock with two days of daily prescription meds, tums, ibuprofen, inhaler, band-aid and a card with my doctors names and numbers on one side and all my meds and allergies on the other side.
You can tell I live in Seattle because I want the sun so sunglasses and sun screen are lacking on my list and of course lip gloss is just standard along with keys, cash, card....
So what has changed in what you carry???