Dianna Ross Singing "I'm Coming Out!"
Earlier this week I was thinking about where I wanted to be. Not really down about it but not celebrating at the time. Then God reminded me where I USED to be. First, I measured my BMI then I
. Here's what I came up with:
1. Current Weight: 168 Starting Weight: 233
2. Current BMI: 28 Starting BMI: 38 Went from Obese to Overweight!
3. Current Sizes: 14/16 Starting Sizes: 24/26
4. Current Fitness Level: Intermediate Starting Fitness Level None to low
When I started my journey in 07 I was using a cane & wheel chair because of health issues. Used a handicapped sticker when driving. Rarely did anything remotely kin to exercise besides walk to the kitchen and eat a bunch of junk food.
Now I'm doing Zumba(on my own using YouTube video). I've walk/run a 5k. I can walk miles around my neighborhood. Strength train at least 3 times a week. I press through when I want to stop because I'm getting somewhere. I've never been like this before in my adult life. I thought there was NO hope. That I had to use a quick fix but never found one. BUT GOD! He brought me to SparkPeople and everything changed!
5. Current Nutrition Plan: Mediterranean Food Plan I eat lots of healthy fats(Love Almond Butter!), Eat lots of veggies and fruits. Don't eat a lot of meat although I do. Eat more Tilapia, Salmon and Shrimp. Baked! I've been drinking my 8 or more glasses of water per day since July. (This was really hard for me to do.) If I eat any sweets it's with a lot of moderation because I know me and I can eat an entire cake without having any type of "emotional problem".
Past Nutrition Plan: Lot's of fried food. Chinese Food. Fast Food. Candy, Cookies, Cake and Real Sugar in Everything. Just UNHEALTHY!
6. Lots of Inches Lost. Don't Have A Tally Now But My Chest(I Still Can't Use The B Word Since Elementary School
) Is down 6 inches since I started and if you've been in my photos you've seen how great I feel about that.
So I'm Thanking God for How Far I've Come. Could Have Been Further But Had Times When I Gained Weight In A Month Because of Bad Eating Habits. But I Know Now That I Want To Be and Stay Healthy and Fit and I CAN DO IT!
2009 my smallest before I gaines some back. I moved before this picture was taken and oh my does moving burn off the calories!
July 15 2012
Sorry some of my pictures are blurry. My camera doesn't take pictures like the old one I had. Next time I will have more full length CLEAR pictures.
Thanks for CELEBRATING with me! I'VE COME A LOOONNNGGG WAY!
I'm Persevering and not giving up EVER! With God ALL things ARE Possible!!!
Blessings To YOU All!