Yippee, Friday! I still need to do a Motivational Collage...
Friday, August 24, 2012
Hello, Fellow Sparkers!
- HAPPY FRIDAY! Mine has been good so far...how about yours?
- I did have a little bit of a downer earlier as I found a poor Mourning Dove caught up in the bird netting over the figs. It's the first time I've seen a bird get tangled up in it. Unfortunately it was already dead. Drat! My husband thinks I am crazy to get so upset about it. He just says "Sometimes that happens...Mourning Doves aren't very smart". I have seen lots of snakes get caught up but usually we see them before they die and cut them out. I guess birds are just more fragile.
- Anyhow, on to better things...I have started planning my suppers on Sunday night/Monday morning and then grabbing everything from the store for the week on Monday. BOY, has it saved me time during the week (so I have more Spark-y time)! I have a plethora of cookbooks (you know those ones you buy and cook maybe one meal out of...) so I have begun taking one off the shelf and using it soley for the week's menus. First week was Earth-Bound Cook...definately a keeper, last week was Slowcooker Campanion....not my cup of tea. I have some slowcooker recipes that are really good but I didn't care for ANY of theirs....trying to decide whether I should try 4 more recipes or take it down to Recycled Reader. I think this week will be The Berghoff Family Cookbook (that way I can make Jaeger Schnitzel-YUM!)
- Okay so as you can see I am not changing my eating habits tooo much (at least at supper time) but I am cutting down where I can and exercising....and I lost a pound this week...yay, me!
- I will try to get my collage done...really I will. I did rip some pictures out...it's a start!
**********Have a Super Sparky Day******************