Wednesday, August 22, 2012
So you are watching let's say - the shopping channel - all the new fall fashions - you get more and more wide eyed at some item on special - it is the DEAL OF THE DAY- oh no you cannot MISS OUT ON THIS one! - but wait, stop - think-
1. you cannot touch or feel it -
2. you cannot try it on and the model is for sure at least 4'' taller than you are
3. you have to remember there is shipping charges
4. you have to remember there is taxes on it
5. you will have to wait a few days before it comes and guess what -
you will not be as HOT on the thing by that time - so
JUST D.O.N.'T. don't get the pad and paper, don't jot down the number and DON'T pick up the phone. simple - plus chances are if you go and rummage in your closet you will find a similar garment you bought last year. nothing has changed that much.
So - let's say you are watching TV - a food show - along with all the food commercials in between. JUST D.O.N.'T. - you are salivating - thinking your mind is racing - mmmm i would love to have something.
1. you just ate your dinner about an hour ago
2. you have not had all the water for your day or fruit servings
3. DON'T go into that 'where's the chips' mind set just cause the recipe they are doing on TV calls for nacho chips
4. this IS THE TIME TO BE LAZY - DO NOT GET OFF YOUR CHAIR -- JUST D.O.N.'T.
5. and do not call some one to be an accessory to your almost bad judgment-
when you think about it - what pushes your buttons can be turned off with one phrase - JUST DON'T and this is also when INACTION is the appropriate thing to do.