I was asked to do a blog about what makes me happy and to keep me somewhat motivated. We all have those times when the BLUE Funk monster is sitting on our shoulder. He is there saying nasty things in your ear and his cousin is down by your feet trying to keep them pinned to the floor.
I have had that little creep and his family all over me last week, which is why it has taken me this long to write this blog.
I did my workouts but with little enthusiasm. I have been thinking about what I enjoy most about working out and came up with the routines I use.
HUH? Ok what I mean is, I love to dance and I LOVE martial arts. I have tried a variety of work out routines that are just WORK, no music, no fun, no none of the stuff that I really love. They are too boring So I stopped doing them. For Example, I have a workout called "Slim in 6" from Beach Body.com and it is an incredible routine and works. I forced myself to do this for 30 days and had to stop. It was not fun for ME!
Now let's talk about JUDI FUN-ERCISE:
1. Burlesque by Jazzercise - LOVE IT!! Dancing and shaking the booty, I had a blast doing that one.
2. Hip Hop Abs - DANCING!!! Shaun T is so much fun and such a wild card that you have to have fun.
3.Rockin' Body - DANCING!!! again w/the Shaun T and fun. Great Dance moves and OH The sweat!!
4.TURBO JAM - Martial Arts, little Dancin-like moves, Chalene Johnson - ENERGY and Attitude that make you want to work!!! Oh and the "SCULPT" part of this one is killer...I use 5 lb weights and have tried to add in my 2 lb glove weights and have to take them off after 25 min which is good since the routine is 40 min. I keep trying though.
5.TURBO FIRE - This one is when I am stronger. I have the knees from hell and they are not ready for that one yet. But the day is coming soon...
6. Belly Dancing - Kathy Smith - This is really fun and so hard to move, but I keep trying.
7. Zumba - Need I say more - Well I will, I love Berto, the creator of Zumba, he is so adorable. I have the "First" Zumba DVD set and it is much easier than the "Exhilarate" DVDs( I have those also) and w/the first there is an Ab routine (standing of course) that is so much fun and if you do it right - WOW!! did that this morning after Turbo sculpt(40 + 17 min)
Other DVDs that I have which I will be adding into my routine:
8. Core Rhythns - Hot sexy Dancing
9. HOT HULA FITNESS - OMG!!! I do the beginner disc an and the Belly Dancing (learning segment) on Friday nites and wow!!! Hot Hula Fitness is going to be my new favorite, I love that stuff!!!
I could continue to add my DVD collection here but I won't bore you w/that stuff, this is all the best of the best.
But I will catalog it all and do a little blog about it later
So now you know how I keep the fun in my workout, I DANCE!!!
This is how I get the stress off my shoulders at the end of the week, I DANCE!!!
This is what I turn to when I need to hit something or someone.....Ok not dance but TURBO JAM - a whole lotta punchin' and kickin' going on!
And I do have a punching bag for something to actually hit if I have to.
By the way don't get discouraged if you can't do the steps the first few times. It will take some time to get in the "groove". Just have FUN!! Dance, Punch, Kick!!! Enjoy and then one day, you will be doing the routine and notice that you are keeping up w/the video and Yeah Baby You HAVE MADE IT!!!
I remember w/Turbo jam, she was doing all this kick punch back kick knees and what have you and I did something but just kept on doing it and then one day I was right on w/the video and it felt EXTRA good!!