Sunday, August 19, 2012
Weekly goal review:
- no weighing until Sunday - and today's weigh-in was weird, so I'm putting it off and trying again tomorrow or later this week (keeping this goal)
- no tearing myself down (keeping this goal)
- move during the day at work (keeping this goal)
- Finish cleaning my house (floor cleaning is progress in the background...goal will be complete before bed though)
- Have a home spa night (goal complete)
This week's workout schedule:
- 4 zumba classes
- 4 or 5 days of Ripped in 30 (finishing week 3, maybe starting week 4)
- 2 belly dance classes
- one or two more yoga classes
- misc cardio as I feel like it because I have too much energy
No new goals for the week because I need time to assimilate everything that's been going on and because much of my time looks like it will go toward preparing for an upcoming business trip.
Ripped in 30 is going great...I'm sore all the time and it's a delightful challenge.
Last week's mostly-liquid menu didn't work so well for me. The smoothies I made, though full of protein and fat, didn't take very long to digest and I felt like I was on a blood sugar roller coaster. Back to the regular eats for now:
- homemade breakfast bar
- protein yogurt w/berries
- baked sweet potato with green peas and greek yogurt tzatziki
- hard-boiled egg with a plum
- banana with almond butter and chocolate chips
- green smoothie
- homemade oatmeal cookies
- egg white casserole
- carrot sticks and cottage cheese
- an optional protein shake
(can you believe all of that is under 1500 calories?)
I am happy with my meal plan for the week because I am getting 104g of protein but only having one scheduled serving of whey protein. I have been trying to cut back on it because I'm not sure if I'll be willing/able to drink protein shakes for the rest of my life and I want to learn sustainable ways to eat enough protein...so far, so good.
It was a good week, really. I'm just really missing my boyfriend and feeling kind of lonely. The band I went to see last night (yay me, first solo concert) is one that has a lot of significance to us and it was kind of torturous. But, I'll keep getting stronger and trying to silence the doubts and hoping, hoping, hoping that things work out after this break. Usually after three weeks of silence I'd be back on the scene, regardless of the terms of the break, but this is so different.
I won't sit and cry for my poor lonely heart too long, though, because tonight I'm going to a salsa meetup at a dance studio I didn't know existed. I'm doing my best to keep my schedule full and to try to see my friends (flaky and overbooked though they all seem to be), and to remember that by the time I get back from my trip I'll only have 8 more days to go. See? Easy. Prepare for trip, go on trip, 8 more days.
(Too bad having better abs doesn't make any of this much easier!)