Sunday, August 19, 2012
Wow! I can't believe this BLC is almost over. It has gone by so quickly!!
Since I've been updating you nearly everyday, I'll keep this quick.
1. I measured my body this week and found that the widest part of my hips is about 1/2 inch smaller. Woo.
2. I also noticed that my non-measured parts (ie smaller part of hips/boobies/hands/feet/ankles
/stomach pooch etc) are also shrinking.
3. I went to a celebration and had a great time. Sure I "cheated" and ate some things that were unclean and less than healthy, but there was no insane EAT ALL THE THINGS! that went on. It's been nearly a year since changing my eating and by golly I am a new woman.
4. I tried yoga for the first time and loved it. Really need to work on my core muscles though!
5. I am finding level 1 of the shred too easy (WHAT?!?!?!?!)
6. I got loads of compliments at the get together.
7. the Mr obviously sees I got my groove back. ;)
8. My wedding rings are loose. (Am I really almost smaller than when I got married?!?!?!)
9. I can put on any dress in my closet.
10. Our night out of town was super lovely.
11. Non weightloss related, I have grown out my nails and hair to an extent that I feel pretty and feminine.
1. My knee still hurts and needs more time healing. :(
2. My weight is still at a stand still (PS thanks for all your encouragement. You have NO idea how much it meant to me)
3. I spazzed out when a friend insisted to know how much weight I lost. She said I "had to have lost about 10 kgs (22 lbs)". I was so embarrassed that I've actually lost double, I changed the subject with a rude comment. I am disappointed that I resorted to being rude- instead of being polite - but not sorry I changed the subject.
I've talked about this before. I feel like I have all the support I need (hubby for real life and SP for internet life) that I don't want to let others in on my plan. It's partly a fear of failure, but more so, a great and deep embarrassment. No one else in real life knows that I have PCOS (only hubby, mom and BFF) because so many people have preconceived ideas about it. Talking about ovaries is embarrassing and most people don't want to know /don't actually care. I can't unfold one without the other, and the one (PCOS) I made a conscious choice to not speak of. (this is ammo for a whole 'nother post)
I think most people who have asked about my weight so far are just nosy. If they noticed me losing 40 odd pounds in 6 months and "Can't help but say something" , why didn't they say anything when I gained 40 odd pounds within 6 months? Am I right?
4. My feelings were hurt when I was compared to someone who I adore, but who I thought was much bigger than myself. Apparently we're about the same size and I was really sad. I just can't see myself for who I really am.
What does 49.5 inches look like in an ass? What does a 36 in waist look like? Do I still look obese? Is everyone lying when they say I look great or are they just saying that I look better than before but still have a long way to go?
In this way I envy the people on the real Biggest Loser, because while I've never seen the show it sounds like they give up their life for a period of time to lose the weight. They never have to venture out into real life "partly done". It's Wam Bam and returning thin and strong.
Anyway so that's my week in a large nutshell! What started out being a short and sweet post became another essay. Can you tell I write for a living? lol