Sunday, August 12, 2012
Time to review my August goals to see how it's going. :)
1. Eating out less - Hmmm.... Making this a goal during one of the busiest times at my job may not have been a good idea. I traveled more last week than usual which made this goal harder to accomplish. I definitely could have done better and will work to improve this week. I purchased some "travel-able" food items so that I can be better prepared this week.
2. 800 Fitness Minutes - Need to step it up (again). I'm sitting at 155 for the month. I might have to start counting my trips up and down the steps to put away laundry and the time I stand at the sink doing dishes. Maybe if I throw in some calf raises I can feel good about counting it as ST. *lol*
3. Increase my water to 10 cups per day - See goal #1. Traveling and lots of overtime did not mesh with this goal. Which is ironic because it's when I needed it most.
4. More blogging - I did very well here. I blogged about something on my mind and the support and encouragement I received validated the blogging is therapeutic and cleansing.
5. Virtual 5K - What exercise I have done this month has been long walks in preparation for this. This one is still very much in my sights.
6. Career Improvements - Even though it was a busy week, I had an opportunity for some training which I did squeeze in. I have been passing on these opportunities thinking that I will have more time later. I feel good that I did this even with a crazy schedule.
I'd say overall I accomplished 50% of what I had set out to do last week. Given that I had a crazy week, I'm okay with that. This week should be more normal for me so I plan to focus more effort on these goals.
I think what is most important is that I believe I'm finally getting over my "If you can't do it perfectly, why bother at all" attitude. The old me would be beating myself up over what I didn't do and telling myself It's not worth it if you aren't going to do it fully. I'm learning that a little goes a long way and something is always better than nothing. It seems like such common sense but my mind still struggles with it.
On to Week 2!