Sunday, August 05, 2012
July 23rd - 29th + month recap.
1) Exercise at least 5 times a week with 3 days of strength training. -This past week kinda fell apart. It was my busiest work week by far and i let it affect how much exercise I got. I did get to walk almost every day at least 20 minutes so it wasn't a total loss. Overall the month was awesome though. I more than made up for it other weeks.
2) Keep sodium levels in the 500-2000 range. - I've only gone over a couple days this month so I'm doing great.
3) Continue eliminating diet soda and caffeine from my diet. - Maybe I should pick a new August goal, because this one is super easy now!
4) Eat a healthy balance of grains, fruits, veggies, legumes, lean meats etc. and still hit my calorie, sodium, fat, protein goals. - Hitting all my goals here for July, thankfully.
5) Run continuously for 30 minutes at one time. - I've hit this before, just not last week.
6) Lose at least 15 pounds. I didn't meat this goal for July but I'm ok with that. I'm still losing weight.
7) Try or create 4 healthy recipes - I've definitely hit this goal. Since Angelique hasn't been feeling well lately, I've taken over in the kitchen. I bought Hatch peppers at my local grocer (since they're in season) and went to town, putting them in a stir fry and making a salsa with them. I've come up with other things too.
8) Build up enough stamina to get through the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Video - Didn't do it this week at all. I plan to tackle it next week.
9) Get 8 hours of sleep each night - This will definitely be an August goal. I crashed and burned except on the weekends.
11) Maintain an average blood sugar reading between 80-150 - Still doing great here! Well within range. My nurse practitioner was happy with my readings and my weight loss! I had lab work done too, and it came out great. Heart rate is at 110/70 and my cholesterol is fantastic too.