I'm back

Sunday, August 05, 2012

I just got back from Door County today and I miss it already. I had a great time there, and can't believe that it is over already. I was so busy the last few days that I haven't had a chance to write a blog entry. I will try and get caught up from where I left off.

I believe that the last time I wrote was on Wednesday, which makes the next day Thursday. Oh yeah, Wednesday night I had an awful night's sleep, I woke up around 3 in the morning to use the restroom, and could not fall back asleep. I ended up going back to sleep around 7 in the morning. That morning I woke up around 9:50~10ish and had a breakfast of oatmeal. I went back to sleep after that for about an hour and my parents went out to have coffee. I woke up around an hour later and I was feeling really hungry so I gave in to myself, and ate a small piece of pie and I ate the rest of the pizza left over from the night before. I felt really guilty and overstuffed. To get over it I went to the fitness center and walked on the treadmill for half an hour.

I felt a little better then and my parents convinced me to go do the bike trail again with them even though I was exhausted. I felt much better once I got on the bike, but we had a little bit of an adventure. When we just about over two miles and were going down a steep hill and my dad wiped out. I didn't see it happen but I heard my mom cry my dad's name, I turned around and went to see what was wrong. He was fine, except for a bunch of scrapes. We turned around then and he had to bike all of the way back to the bike rental place, my dad rode with bloody hands and a bloody knee. We ended up going a little over four miles. I was sad my dad had wiped out, but was glad that I had exercised that day. That afternoon my brother drove up and joined us. We went to his favorite restaurant, the mission grill.

The next day, Friday, my brother and father went golfing at Peninsula State park. When the boys were gone my mom and I went to the hands on art studio again. We first went to Bailey's Harbor and I had a smoothie and lunch. I made glass pendants and my mom made a mosaic block for the garden. The whole day my through hurt a lot. That night we went to a restaurant called Wild Tomato. I had pizza again, a 12" one and didn't finnish it, I left one slice.

On Saturday my throat was still hurting and my nose started to run. Yesterday the boys went golfing again. My mom and I went to a new thrift store that we had heard about the day before, and ironically it was less than a block behind our hotel and been there for 17 years. We had never heard of it before, and it turned out to be a really good huge thrift store. I ended up buying a really cool belt. For lunch we went to the Summer Kitchen and I had a cup of chicken dumpling soup and a chili relanos(however you spell it). We then went to Izora's, my favorite bead store that we had gone to before. The owner was there that day and she remembered my name. We bought beads in order to make a necklace for my grandmother, who had fed and watered the cats for us when we were gone. After that we picked up our stuff that we had made the day before at the hands on art studio. We went back to our room and met up with the guys after that. We were going to go to a really fancy place for the last night, but it rained really hard and we had reservations for outdoor seating. We ended up going to Wilson's instead. Wilson's is a burger joint that is famous for its ice cream. I had beef barley soup that was just ok, and had a huge scoop of cookies and cream ice cream after dinner. That night I had a hard time sleeping because my nose was so plugged. I woke up at 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8 in the morning and my mom woke me up at nine.

That brings me to today, Sunday. This morning we packed up our stuff and loaded it in the car. Went back to Al Johnson's for breakfast because my brother had not been there this year. I had swedish pancakes and a side of cantaloupe and strawberries. After that we drove home, it was a boring 3 1/2 hour drive. We drove my brother to the badger bus stop downdown and managed to make the bus with 2 minutes to spare. After that we got home and started to unpack. We went to noodles for dinner and I had my last hurrah with eating out. I will start tracking my food and fitness tomorrow again. I feel really sick right now. I have a bad cold so I am not sure if I will work out tomorrow or not. I don't know if I should suck it up and do it anyways, or if I should take it easy until I feel better. Oh yeah, my phone broke when I was gone too.

Overal I would say it was a great vacation and I am sorry that it is over. Now I need to spend my energy on starting over my eating program and workout program. I had a good foundation in place, but I need to step it up right now so I don't slip back to my old ways. Well that was a long entry. I will try and write again tomorrow.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Glad you had a great vacation!
    2025 days ago
    I was wondering when you'd get to Wilson's, you hit all the rest of the hot spots!

    I'm glad you had a good time and hope you're feeling better soon!

    P.S. I went to Bargains Unlimited in Sister Bay this afternoon and found some goodies. What resale shop did you go to?

    Now it's back to work!!
    2025 days ago

    Comment edited on: 8/6/2012 9:00:23 PM
    Sorry you had to end your vacation feeling a bit under the weather, I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you had a great time though (minus the incident with your dad!).

    Getting back on track after vacation can sometimes be hard, but I know you can do it!

    10k Leader

    2026 days ago
    Glad you made it back home safe and sound. You definitely had a busy vacation! None of the laying around and sleeping in that I tend to do. hehe Back to the grind now and back to tracking.
    2026 days ago
    We are happy you are back
    2026 days ago
    I guess it had to end sometime,bummer. Well at least you enjoyed yourself. I hope your dad is okay. I like the fact that you are still trying to exercise while on vacation. Well back to the grind and completing your mission of working out and eating right.
    2026 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.