Today is my weigh in day, and therefore the end of my first week with my August goals.
1) Stick to calorie range 90% of the time;
2) Exercise 5 days a week;
3) Find something to be positive about EVERY DAY!; and
4) Drink at least 2 L of water/day
Here's how I did the first week:
1) I stuck to my calorie range 33% of the time. The other days that I was over - it was only by 5-100 calories - not drastic binge type days. Although I didn't hit the 90% mark on this one - I am still pretty darn proud because it could have been MUCH worse!
I have noticed that as I have increased my exercise, my appetite has increased along with it. Not very helpful when you're trying to follow a calorie range. I have to play with the foods I'm eating to see if it will help if I increased my protein, or fruit, or veggies. Saturday is the start of another week - another chance to get it right!
2) I am MOST proud of this. Not only did I exercise FIVE days in a row...M through today (Friday)...but I actually stuck to my work out plan!
M, W, and F I warmed up with a 5 minute walk, followed by 20 minutes of interval walk/runs, followed by a 5 minute cool down walk. T and Th I walked for an hour with a girlfriend. :)
I am beaming with pride on this one. CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM! In all the years I have been active in any way, shape, or form, I have NEVER consistently worked out FIVE DAYS in a row. EVEN when I trained for my marathon, 2 half marathons, 5Ks, etc. I would maybe get 3 work outs in out of seven days. MAYBE 3...closer to 1-2. But NEVER FIVE DAYS INA ROW! I AM BEAMING!
3) I am very proud of this accomplishment. This formerly negative nelly is all smiles and positivity! Not to say I don't think negative things, or have ill feelings towards others, feel irritated or frustrated with people, etc. But, i am generally a lot more happy, and thankful to be able to experience this journey called life. SO HAPPY!
4) Our of 7 days, I met my water goal 5 days!!!! 5/7 is FABULOUS!!!!
Over all - VAST improvements over last week. VERY proud. VERY happy.
And guess what - I lost 1.2 pounds from last week!!!!
So all the hard work is paying off!!! GO ME!