Thursday, August 02, 2012
despite the doubts in my head.
In the scriptures a loving Heavenly Father tells us that if we have even a tiny bit of faith or a desire to have faith and try living His word we will be shown the truth.
I feel like I have made lots of progress on this journey and then I go back in circles and struggle and improve and struggle. I have learned a lot. It is time to take this to the next step. It is time to do the things that I know to be right and true. Follow those truths instead of cheating here a little and there a little. Doubting here and there is not getting me to the goal I desire. I know what I need to do. I know that I can do it. I know I have been successful in the past in pieces. It is time to put the pieces together and believe. I can do it. Even if I cannot for some reason if I do the good things I will be healthier.
I know there are many nonscale advantages to living well.
1. I think better when my blood sugar is under control. Too high or too low and I don't feel well.
2. I have more energy when I have eaten well. When I eat right I feel the energy. I also do not think that I am hungry when I have eaten a proper meal and paid attention to it.
3. I feel better when I exercise daily. I love the sunshine. I don't even mind walking in the rain. I like the company and the change to clear my head. There are too many nonscale advantages to working out to list.
4. I like knowing I am setting a good example for my children.
5. It is fun to be asked how I am losing weight. I have had some good conversations with others who need good information. When I am on the right track I don't feel like a hypocrite.
6. Knowing I am on the right track gives me momentum to stay on the right track. Good feeds good. (the converse is true. I already blew it so I can continue on this "bad" path. Encouraging me to feel worse.
7. I like my smaller clothes I don't want to grow back out of them.
8. If I continue to move on this path I will feel stronger, more energetic and most likely happier.
I don't want to continue doubting myself. I want to remind myself daily that this is possible and I am improving.
I will keep on keeping on.
There are many nonscale defeats if I don't. I don't really want to list them here. But, I know that for me this is a matter of importance and I really do want to succeed.