Tuesday, July 31, 2012
I follow a blog called "All the Weigh". Google search it. The gal who writes it is super interesting. She has what's called Friend Making Mondays (FMM). I haven't participated yet, but I really liked this week's questions. Some weeks are fun and frivolous, other weeks more thought provoking. This week is amongst the more thought provoking.
Goals and More
1. Brag about some of your daily, healthy habits. I drink a whole lot of water. And I do daily focus on myself exercises and journaling, using bible study type things to help guide me.
2. Do you track your daily food intake? If so, how? I track calories on myfitnesspal. Leave a comment with your name if you do too!
3. What do you want to change most about your daily routine? I want to be better about planning and preparing my food. If I have to prepare it the day of, I'm not as good. I'm better when I prepare all my foods the night before, but after dinner, not before it. Don't ask me what the difference is, just seems to be the way I am.
4. How often do you exercise? Several times a week. Now. Haha.
5. How do you stay on track when you’re on the go? Aha hahahaha. Yeah. No. This is something I desperately need to work on. I go home in a few weeks. I'll be planning hardcore in advance. Including for my meals out.
6. What’s one excuse you use that prevents you from reaching your goals? I'll do it later. Or, if we're being honest, you don't deserve it.
7. What scares your most about your journey? That I'll never be able to change this mindset. That even WHEN I'm healthier, I'll still think so badly of myself.
8. What do you think will change most when you reach your goal? (If you have reached it, what’s different?) I'm honestly just not sure. I could guess or hope, but I just don't know. Maybe it's something I shouldn't know until it happens.
9. What motivates you to reach your goals? Ok, I'm going to be totally honest here. One is to be healthier. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't want to end up like my dad. Two is I want a someday healthy family and I want to be healthy through a pregnancy. But before all that... Ok, yeah need a man. Shhhhh. Haha. Seriously though, I found my "wedding dress". It's a stunner, but being fit is definitely a necessity. Fit! Ok and yeah. I'd like to just plain look good - naked! I know how to look pretty smoking clothed now, so let's get real... Hehehehe.
10. Share a few of your goals. I’m focusing on short-term goals right now which I’ll talk more about in a later post, but here are a few:
Well, since she's focusing on short term...
-finish a three month lifting program, then find another one and continue it.
-get back to swimming at least once a week.
-continue my water and self exploration.