Sunday, July 29, 2012
I generally don't do these little surveys but I'll kill a couple of minutes.
A little insight into me:
(Stolen from a Spark friend....who stole it from a Sparkfriend…. Do these things ever stop making the rounds?)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes. My father and my grandfather. That persistent confusion convinced me that the little roman numerals would stop with me. So, we named my son after my wife's brother and our daughter after my great-grandmother. LOL.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
When was the last time Field of Dreams was on TV? Get's me every time.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
When I write slowly.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I love thuringer but health-wise it is terrible so I have not had it in years.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
As described above two kids. Son, 17 and Daughter, 12.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Depends on the other person I would be.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
See question #6.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, other than two molars and my hair I have all my original parts.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not a chance.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don't eat cereal as often as I used to because I find it just doesn't keep the hunger away. I prefer granola and yogurt.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Depends on if I am in a hurry.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
You have no clue how strong I can be mentally. Physically? There are smart ways to get things done that beat brawn every time.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Just about anything cold that doesn't have mint or cookie dough.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Depending on the person, their eyes.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Different answers on different days of the week but generally I snack too often.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. ANY TATTOOS?
No, but I have plans. I would like to get a 13.1 on one of my calves to commemorate the HMs I have run. I would reserve the other calf for if I should ever run a marathon. I would also get a Lebanese flag to commemorate my heritage and a microscope for my profession.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Silver NB 758s with blue stripes but I would prefer to be barefoot.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Boar's Head Blazin' Buffalo turkey sandwich with Yancey's Fancy Buffalo Wing Cheese and Fit 'N Active Light Ranch on wheat.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The song "Wallflower" from Disc 1 of Peter Gabriel's New Blood - Live CD.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
You're kidding, right?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fresh pizza, chocolate chip cookies, fresh baked bread and my wife's perfume (Coriandre).
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I should have an unfavorite? I'll watch just about anything but really like curling, football and hockey.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Bald. Graying on the side - used to be jet black. Even the goatee is grayed.
28. EYE COLOR?
Depths of midnight black
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Neither, just give me a good comedy. And I said good comedy, not half the moronic stuff that sells tickets.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I don't get that kind of time and I truthfully don't remember.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black, they say it's slimming.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
If it were never over 70 again I would be more than happy so I'll go with winter.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Are the kisses leading anyplace?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
I'll count chips as a snack so I'd say cookies.
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
I've done the weights thing. Give me cardio.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
My dad's generation fought WWII.
My sister's generation put a man on the moon.
My generation protested apartheid and supported Live Aid.
Today's generation has reality TV.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I haven't read a book for pleasure in about three years. I got halfway through Rob Bell's "Love Wins" this past winter break.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
No mouse pad.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Any Genesis song...in fact, any progressive rock song.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Let me be the first to say that the Rolling Stones may have been the most overrated band, ever.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Thailand to the west and Ukraine to the east.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Are we able to brag about those things, here?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
The hospital was in Buffalo, NY but I grew up in West Seneca, NY. Originally, West Seneca was known as Ebenezer (which means "hitherto hath the Lord helped us"). Ebenezer was founded by the Amana Society (who later moved to Iowa and whose decedents started the Amana Corporation). A very interesting society that had a great appreciation for simple and social living (I recommend a reading of their history). My hometown is also the derivation of my my Spark name.
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Orchard Park, NY - Home of the Buffalo Bills!
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yeah, I just wonder what people will think of my answers.