After so many down moments in the past when the weight just wouldn't seem to come off I have finally dropped some weight and am really seeing a difference in my clothes. My pants are more loose, my belt is loose, I am noticing strength in my arms and legs when I move. This is amazing!! Finally PROGRESS!!
I have continued to do at least 10 minutes of exercise a day whether it's running in place, jumping jacks, or short videos. I still love the 8 min ab, legs, arms, and buns videos from the 80's and thankfully have found them on youtube. Hah! Definitely a blast from the past but still effective.
I have also started making a grateful list, thanks to a friend who was doing the same through her email. I am unable to check my email while at work so I have simply set what I'm calling grateful alarms. Hah! When the alarm goes off I type into my note application on my phone what I am grateful for at that moment. Here's my list so far:
- I am grateful for breaks in radio traffic. (I am a police/fire dispatcher)
- I am grateful for the ability to find humor in non-humorous situations. It keeps me from going crazy.
- I am grateful for my job, even with all the craziness.
- I am grateful for healthy snacks in the snack machine.
- I am grateful for the strength I am feeling in my arms and legs.
- I am grateful for the ability to exercise and improve myself.
- I am grateful for the love of Chewbacca (My furkid)
- I am grateful for the love and support of friends.
- I am grateful for that lukewarm or sometimes cool shower after a workout.
- I am grateful to live in a city with awesome drinking water.
- I am grateful to have a boyfriend who listens to my gripes, moans, and accomplishments and is always there to root me on or point out the silver linings.
- I am grateful for ibuprofen and allergy meds. (Ouch)
- I am grateful for SparkPeople!!