July WUB #3
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Well folks, it's time for another fine edition of my weekly update blog. I think I missed a week, so this one is brought to you on this late date by the fine folks at Procrastination™! Anyways I like this week's biggest loser challenge, strength training, and goal visualizing. I have my goals posted on the fridge and on my computer at work, so I'm definitely spending time checking my progress. Here's the latest:
July 9th - 22nd:
1) Exercise at least 5 times a week with 3 days of strength training. -I definitely got my exercise in, but kinda fell apart half way through the week on strength training. Only got one day in if I remember. I'm refocus my efforts, especially for this week!
3) Continue eliminating diet soda and caffeine from my diet. - Soda and caffeine?I hardly know ye. Doing great here.
4) Eat a healthy balance of grains, fruits, veggies, legumes, lean meats etc. and still hit my calorie, sodium, fat, protein goals. - Doing well! I went over on my sodium only on one day, but otherwise I did great.
5) Run continuously for 30 minutes at one time. - I hit it this week! I did 41 minutes this monday and wednesday! I'm there!
6) Lose at least 15 pounds. I've got about 6 pounds to lose. It would be really tough to hit it in 2 weeks but I'm optimistic.
7) Try or create 4 healthy recipes - Angelique and I tag-teamed on making some fantastic salsa. My mother-in-law stopped by just get some more!
8) Build up enough stamina to get through the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Video - I did it twice last week. This week I think I'll switch to rowing as part of the challenge is trying a new cardio workout.
9) Get 8 hours of sleep each night - Oh goodness, that was part of the challenge last week, get 7 hours of sleep. I mostly managed. Can't say the same for this week. I really want to get to sleep earlier, I do I swear!
11) Maintain an average blood sugar reading between 80-150 - Fantastic as usual since starting SP. My Doc will be in Shock :)