Status - Mid summer goals
Sunday, July 15, 2012
I began summer with some rather unusual goals related more to the quality of life rather than focusing on food and weight. So far, I have done good, and I think my outlook and attitude have improved as a result.
1. "Have a wonderful and festive 4th of July" - very definitely! Family picnic at my brothers with lots of fireworks and fun!
2. Get outside more - Would give this a so-so. I have tried, but boy that 100 degree weather the week of the 4th did not help!
3. Go swimming more often - accomplished. Have gone swimming a minimum of once a week and sometimes twice
4. Spend more time with friends and family - Done and very satisfying. It has required a bit of a balancing act - having to work sure gets in the way of your time, darn it! I have had to give up Crossfit some nights in order to do this, however I consider the trade off worth it. Need to enjoy people and the companionship while you can.
5. Reorganize the garage - Admit it - not yet accomplished. I did, however, at least go through all the books and got a couple good sized boxes to donate to a local charity that sells them and gives the money to needy students for scholarships.