Friday, July 13, 2012
I know that weight loss is a journey and life happens but dang! In the last 16 months this is a list of my "sidetracks" -
- Major Earthquakes ( continue since 2011) - no water, electricity, grocery shortages etc. we are great but the city is destroyed and things are moving along nicely - the big ones just put a dent in everyone's lives for several months...some are still struggling with no power and it's winter here. It didn't derail me long, but it did effect my journey.
-April 2011 - Sick and then Appendix is removed -six weeks minimum off track!
-August 2011 - Sick again...gallbladder removed - another 6-8 weeks off track!
- November 2011 - broke ankle - bed 7 weeks - WAY OFF track
- December 2011 - Blood Clots and put on blood thinners until 28 May 2012 - took another 2 hospital visits and several weeks to feel normal. Had to have birth control implants put in since I couldn't be on the pill anymore...all jacked up - body and nutrition off track.
- July 2012 - the flu, ear infection and allergies...bad enough that I went to a doctor and have been sort of off my feet for 2 weeks - not hungry - antibiotics make me queezy and the amount of snot I am producing is ridiculous! Lol I also found out I'll be losing my job on the 27th of this month...stress.
With all this going on, I have still found this to be happy/proud about:
- attempted Roller Derby (how I broke my ankle) and love it!
- cemented a BFF relationship here after not having one for a very very long time. Had 1 that came close here but nobody like my Toni. I've been in this country 6 years and I finally have someone I can tell anything to besides Earl.
- I got down to a body weight lower than when I moved here! Was so exciting...and won a trip to Samoa for 2 for a week! Thank to a six week challenge I did with www.eggcel.co.nz.
- I joined Stampin' Up! And went to Australia for their convention and I love it! It feeds my soul and helps me make extra money - just reached Supervisor Status!
- I turned 40 :)
- my healthy invention is being made and we have an investor! Can't disclose much more yet.
So with the bad comes good...I just get a little annoyed because my mind and spirit are willing, eager, and motivated but my body keeps throwing the emergency break! I love knowing that I can hop right back into what I call normal eating and get back on track when body drama subsides!
I have missed SP since I've been a bit absent but haven't forgotten all my peeps and sassy pants that I call friends xo
Hope everyone is happy and healthy.