THE 10 LAWS OF GUARANTEED WEIGHT LOSS
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
1. EXERCISE -- A minimum of 20 minutes of aerobic exercise to increase the heart rate three times per week. Talk to your doctor and start slowly. More exercise is OK as long as it is sensible and balanced.
2. EAT HEALTHY -- Have balanced meals, more fruits, vegetables and fish, less red meat and far less junk food. Vitamin supplements are OK if guided by a nutritionist or doctor.
3. EAT LESS -- Conscious eating always produces a significant decrease in food consumption. This can mean as much as 50- to 75-percent difference in some compulsive eaters.
NOTE: One's ability to consistently fulfill and practice Laws 1, 2 and 3 is dependent upon the practice of ALL 7 Laws below. Willpower and denial are no substitutes. The ability to sustain the practice of the first three Laws is a direct result of practicing Laws 4 through 10.
4. SELF-EXPRESSION -- Being and doing your true self in action, words and thinking is essential. Say what you mean, do what is right for you and live a life that reflects your best talents and skills. This Law is highly dependent upon the practice of Laws 5 through 10.
5. SELF-ACCEPTANCE -- A willingness and ability to love and accept yourself as the imperfect and wonderful person that you are. Overcoming crippling self-hate and extreme self-judgment and replacing them with compassion and a realistic assessment of your true value. This Law is dependent upon the practice of Laws 7, 9 and 10.
6. MANAGE EMOTIONS -- The ability to identify, observe and productively focus and/or express your intense emotions. This Law is dependent upon the practice of Law 7.
7. HEAL EMOTIONS -- Identifying, experiencing and working through your emotional wounds so they no longer dominate your behavior, your relationships and your sense of self. This Law is dependent upon the practice of Laws 8, 9 and 10.
8. MANAGE THINKING -- The ability to identify, observe and productively focus your thought processes. Includes the awareness that most thinking is perceiving as opposed to knowing. This Law is dependent upon the practice of Law 9.
9. HEAL THINKING -- Identifying, experiencing and working through your mental wounds so that they no longer dominate your emotions, your perceptions, your relationships and your sense of self.
10. SPIRITUAL NURTURE AND DEVELOPMENT -- A willingness and ability to connect and relate to the Divine Source -- God -- Higher Power. An ability to allow that Source to guide your life and nurture your deepest needs. This Law affects all other Laws. Your ability to practice it effectively can be limited by issues either healed or avoided in Laws 7 and 9.