Six weeks ago, My friend Vicki and I had a crazy notion to plant a 750 square foot garden...
Did I mention that I'm a reluctant gardener??
It's been a pretty good success so far despite the fact that we haven't had more than two drops of rain for the last month... lugging water by hand is a great workout though!
Here are the pics we have to show for our hard labour and sore muscles so far --
(For the whole story and photos from week 1-2 on the beginnings of the garden please see Part 1 here: www.sparkpeople.com/mypa
Here are just a few pics from the last blog to show how far we've come...
- The untouched plot - Day 1
- My friend Vicki working the land after my arms gave out (and my Dad looking on in the background) - Week 1
- Prepping the soil - Week 2
- Tomatoes, Hot Peppers & Herbs planted - mid-way through week 2
And now LOOK!!:
- Our first tomato, a heritage "Black Grim" - beginning of week 4
- Vicki texting in the tomato rows - week 4
- Putting up the tomato stakes - week 5
- Hot Peppers starting! - week 5
- Beans starting to sprout - week 5
- Our first ripening cherry tomato! - week 5
- It's ripe!! (Orange Cherry Tomato) - mid-way through week 5
- Yellow Pear tomatoes starting - mid-way through week 5
- Borage sprouting - mid-way through week 5
- Bloom that will become a Hot Banana Pepper! - mid-way through week 5
- Hot Cherry Peppers starting with tomatoes in the background - mid-way through week 5
- The tomatoes are growing! - 4 days ago
- Blooms from the heritage "Old German" tomato plant - 4 days ago
- Chili Grandes! - 4 days ago
- The beans are going crazy! - 4 days ago
- Giant Marigold - they keep the bugs away from the tomatoes! - today
- the tomatoes have already hit the stake crossbars! - today
- a Zebra tomato starting to grow - today
- peeking through the tomatoes at the growing hot pepper plants - today
So excited about how fast everything is growing! Can't wait until harvest season!