I'm starting my third week on Spark and my fourth week working out and eating well. I feel sooo great! I can't tell you how much my overall mood and energy level has changed since changing my eating habits and exercising five days a week. I have severe depression and have had it since I was about 12 years old. I am still taking my medicine for it but I have never felt this happy before despite being on the medication forever. It really is amazing what just eating well and exercising can do for your body. I'm so excited that I am changing my life everyday! And I'm changing my daughter's life too! She is eating more organic good foods and she's drinking water!! I used to have to fight hard to get her to drink any water and put away the cokes. Now she has started her own little challenge to try to go 7 days without a coke. I didn't even tell her to do this. She's just been watching me and changing as I do. Modeling something for your child really does go a lot further than you think! Now onto my goals!
My goals from yesterday Update:
1. Stick to my nutrition plan on the nutrition tracker. Did it!
2. No late night unplanned snacking. Ok, I was very hungry right before I was going to bed so I decided to have a cup of my kashi cereal with a cup of soy milk and add it into my nutrition for the day. I still had just enough calories to do this and I felt good about it because I didn't go crazy eating all kinds of bad stuff. I took care of it in a healthy way! I'm really learning how to do this and stop those cravings!
3. Get to bed an hour earlier so I can get up an hour earlier. Did not happen, well did get up earlier but could not sleep. My days and nights are a bit mixed up so it's hard. I will keep trying though.
4. Drink over 100 ounces of water. Did it!
5. Drink a cup of green tea tonight like I've been doing instead of coffee. - this one's really helping me sleep. The tea I have is lipton and it's a mix of green tea, chamomile and honey. It does relax me and no caffeine. Did it!! And it did relax me and make me tired, I just couldn't sleep once I got to bed.
6. Massage my shins. Did it!
7. Write the alphabet with my toes. Did it!
Goals for today!
1. Do 52 min of tae bo
2. walk/jog for 20 min - I'm gonna try to go to week 2 but if it's too hard, I'm going to repeat week 1 from the Couch to 5K program.
3. Do all runner's stretches
4. massage and ice shins.
5. stick to nutrition plan and track it
6. Plan my meals for the next four days.
7. Drink over 100 oz of water.
8. Plan my workouts for the next 4 days.
Ok, the reason I have to plan my workout and meals for the next four days is that I'm going out of town to the mountains and staying in a hotel so I've gotta be on the ball so I don't slip up. The hotel were staying at has a pool and workout room so there should be no problem getting a workout in everyday because it's a pretty relaxing trip so plenty of time. I'm a little worried about the food though. I can bring some of my kashi cereals and my Bob Mills oats and my stevia but not sure about everything else. I will just have to research and come up with a plan. But I can do it! This is a good challenge because this is something I'm going to have to do for the rest of my life so it is something I need to know how to do.
Anyway if the hotel has wifi, which I'm sure they will, I'll be able to track my food and blog. But if not I'll just write it all down in a journal and then post it when I get back.
See ya then!