50 Questions - I'll Have A Go!
Sunday, July 08, 2012
LBFROMBUFAD posted her responses to this survey-of-sorts and I thought it looked like fun, too! I'll repeat her words here as well -- if you want to steal it from me, be my guest, I'd love to get to know you better!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I was named after a girl my mom went to High School with – supposedly she was beautiful and acted in all the school plays, and my mom always thought she had the prettiest name.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I can be a big, sentimental girl (in spite of my tomboy nature), so probably several times this week, probably in connection with something sweet the kiddo said.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yep, especially when written in Sharpie.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Madeline, age 9.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Absolutely, I’m pretty damn skippy!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Do I breathe a lot?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, but I’d yank ‘em out for the ice cream!
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Nope. Why jump off a perfectly sturdy bridge?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Golden Grahams. With lots of milk. Best.After-dinner.Snack.Ever!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No – slip and slide!
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically? Ish. I definitely think I could summon the power of ten men to lift a car if anyone I loved was in danger, but on a regular day? Meh. I’m getting stronger, though! Ditto emotionally. I think I’m strong for the important things, but I can easily be sidelined by everyday things.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream, Edy’s Girl Scouts Samoas Cookies, anyone’s Orange Sherbet with chocolate sprinkles!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Hair, eyes and yes, size (so that I may judge myself, in comparison. Yeah, that’s not messed up at all…)
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I’m a gossip, I admit it. It isn’t pretty, I suppose, but I *hate* not knowing things!
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friend Judy who moved all the way across the country to Utah in 1997. B*tch!
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
I have no idea who Paul McKenna is...
SO, I’m coming up with my own question here:
18. ANY TATTOOS?
The last of my generation not to (psoriasis prevents me from it), but I would if I could – if I could ever decide on a design!
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Barefoot! I hate wearing shoes at home.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Last night’s Sugar-Free Klondike Bar.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Kiddo’s watching iCarly, so I am too!
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Tobacco, gasoline, baking bread, babies, my Mom’s kitchen, Kashi 7-Grain waffles (for real, I sometimes think I eat these things just for the heavenly smell!), my husband’s bleach-washed undershirts, nearly the entire line of Tokyo Milk fragrances.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach House, either on the North Carolina coast or in Connecticut, along the Long Island Sound.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
The kiddo’s soccer games.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Everchanging. At present, dirty blonde (dirtier than it has been in a while, I’ve recently gone much darker and I love it!)
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope, but as of this year, I do officially need to wear my glasses to drive at night.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Dead tie between Italian and my mom’s Lebanese food.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings, definitely. Too much of a scaredy-cat for real horror.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Magic Mike with my crew of girlies, natch.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black Flat Duo Jets T-shirt
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Chocolate Mousse pie on with candied meringue crust, delish!
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
These days, I’m all cardio, all the time.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Both at the same time, I’m a media junkie.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
“Son of a Circus” by John Irving. Love him. Not as much as Tom Robbins, but very nearly…
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I thought I was the only living person still using a mousepad! Mine is shaped like a Ouija Board.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The kiddo saying “Mama”. I’m such a sucker.
I’m also still rather fond of the grindy-guitar lick in Radiohead’s “Creep”.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles, but only in their psychedelic stage.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Rome, Italy – 4217 miles, as the crow flies!
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can pick up all variety of objects with my toes, take off my bra without taking off my shirt and for oldsters who might remember from back in the 70s, I can still do Bernadette’s arm trick from “Zoom” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Red brick and off-white siding
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Silver, because my last 2 cars’ non-metallic finishes showed wear so damn early.
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Sure – who doesn’t like to talk about themselves for a bit?