Saw this on Redskingirl's blog when I went to her page to congratulate her for having the Done Page of the Month for July. If you want to steal it from me, be my guest, I'd love to get to know you better!!!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My mother claims it was for a character named Laura in a book, but I've never been able to track down this book..."White Birds Flying" -- my middle name Elizabeth is Biblical which is the tradition in my family -- Biblical middle names.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Yesterday -- I finished the book "One Day" by David Nicholls and just put my head down and sobbed. It reminded me that life and love is precious and that every day with someone you really love is a gift. I'm also super-mushy right now, detoxing from sugar ;)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Itís legible, so yes.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Two stepsons: Tyler, 18 and Ryan, 16. Loves of my life.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Totally, I am a good time!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
I'm from the East Coast, it's second nature. I try to be more conscious to speak more kindly these days, though.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not again -- once was enough.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
What I want to tell you? Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola, but for real? Lucky Charms. They are no longer a part of my life because I can't stop at one bowl.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes, but the only shoes I have that tie are my sneakers.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically? not as strong as I'd like. Emotionally? I am extremely strong, and unafraid to really fall apart when I need to, because I trust that I'll get right back up.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Hagen Dasz Chocolate, Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy, and Dennisport MA's own "What's The Scoop"'s homemade Almond Joy.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
How they carry themselves
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Inconsistent behavior. :(
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My best friend MOTHRA who lives in Lake Havasu, AZ - and my grandparents on my mother's side, who are with God. They showed me real love.
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
I have no idea what that is...
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Barefoot! I'm barefoot all the time unless it's inappropriate.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood. I have a warped platonic crush on him.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Sky blue or violet
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Way too many to list, I'm obsessed with smells. A few are: freshly mown grass, babies' heads, lake water, baking bread, ground coffee, nag champa incense, my boyfriend's neck, Demeter Jasmine Oil, my butterfly bush (the one with purple flowers), fresh asphalt, that ozone smell after a thunderstorm, burning pinon wood. There's many more.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My Mom. She called to tell me she landed safe in Evansville Indiana, she's visiting my aunt for the next 2 weeks.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach House, especially on Cape Cod.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
NFL Football. Baseball a close second.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dirty blonde with bleach blonde streaks.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Can't see without them!
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Indian -- chicken tikka masala with rice and garlic naan. Cauliflower curry.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
In the theater? Magic Mike.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Why do I have to choose? I love both.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Both at the same time, which is why I love The Firm.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Both at the same time, God help me.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Walden by Thoreau. I'm reading all the books I would have read if I hadn't dropped out of college.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A Gibson Les Paul -- it's actually in the shape of a Les Paul.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
The music in my house -- all four of us play instruments and someone is always playing something.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Stones! (but I like the Beatles, too)
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can see the bright side of ANYTHING. I also have a pretty sick memory, my family and friends say I remember more about their lives than they do.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
After living in Valparaiso, IN, Huntington Beach, CA, and New York City, I live in New Milford, CT -- 20 miles from where I grew up.
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Dingy white aluminum siding
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Ha ha ha -- well, I drive a silver PT Cruiser with a crazy custom paint job -- three shades of blue ribbons or waves airbrushed in a wavy pattern all around the car -- we bought the car this way on eBay because it was a few grand below Kelly book value. I call it the Clown Car. The upside is I never lose it in a parking lot. The downside is my stalking career is OVER.
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Yes because they weren't super-personal like "What is your deepest regret?" or "Have you ever slept with anyone without knowing their last name" or anything like that which would give me great pause. :)
If you play, too...let me know in my comments so I can come check out your answers! Thanks for reading!
I'm going downstairs to the BadA*s Basement Fitness Center to do 10 minutes on the treadmill (at least) and do The Firm "Target Toning Zero-In-Ten" which I found in the clearance aisle at WalMart.
I'm looking forward to exercise for the first time in weeks, I think I got my Spark back after feeling really lost for a while! YAY!