Surgery Complete! New Goals to Achieve!
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Well, it's been a little over a week since my gallbladder surgery. My surgeon was concerned about some of the test results and moved my surgery up. I'm glad he did. I'm feeling pretty good these days all things considered. While I'm still restricted from lifting too much weight, I can resume cardio at my own pace. I am VERY glad about that.
Since the Army Birthday ball has come and gone, it's time for me to think about some new goals to work toward.
1. Participate in a Masters swim meet.
I was a swimmer from the time I was 6 years old until I was in college. It's in my blood. I want to get back to it. Masters swimming or perhaps an open water swimming challenge is something to ponder. Regardless, it makes me happy and it's great exercise. Plus, I'd love to show my husband what I can do in a pool. He knows I was a swimmer, but doesn't really fully understand.
2. Run another 5k. Since I haven't been running or working out during the month of June, I'm probably going to have to start from square 1. I'm ok with that. I'll get back to the running part soon enough.
3. Lose 20 lbs by September 11--My anniversary. I will be incredibly close to my 100 lbs mark! With determination, hard work, and honesty with myself I know I can do it!
4. Walk the dog everyday. Even if it's just for 15 minutes. We both need it.
5. Be at my goal weight by the next Army Birthday!