OK, so kind of lame on the blog title, but whatever...I guess I'm not feeling all that creative at the moment. I just wanted to post a little update on how the first three days of July have gone.
So, I'll get the what I "didn't" do out of the way first...
1. I didn't log my food
2. I forgot to wear my pedometer days 1 and 2
3. I have not yet even picked up the Garmin. :/
1. I did not intend on logging my food, so why did I even mention this??? I did do better at eating less and I'm working on choosing healthier snacks. I still struggle when I want something salty...my first turn is toward the corn chips (like Tostitos) and salsa...not terrible, but not great either. My next choice is crackers and I've really gotten tired of the Wheat Thins and other similar varieties and of course my hubby always has Cheez-its around. The good thing is that they aren't my favorite so I don't eat a lot of them. I have been eating a lot of trail mix...so while a little high in calories due to the nuts, at least I'm eating raisins (which makes all the girls at the Red Cross happy because they tell me to eat them all the time to help keep my iron up so I can continue to regularly donate platelets).
2. I didn't wear my pedometer, but it didn't keep me from exercising!! My hubby and I took about a 5 mile walk Sunday morning. Monday morning, my neighbor and I walked about 3 miles and then in the evening my hubby and I walked again, around 2 1/2 miles. This morning, my neighbor couldn't walk and my other friend is at the beach. I thought about walking by myself and maybe getting in some jog intervals, but instead decided to do the kettlebell workout. I did all three segments instead of only two. My butt and hamstrings are feeling it!!! Then, hubby and I did the same 2 1/2 mi walk this evening.
3. The Garmin...yeah about that. One of these days!
So, I'm working on a plan at least. Getting things in motion. I'm definitely in a more positive frame of mind at the moment. Life is good.
I also know that I have to do what I can to remain active and keep my eating (and drinking) in check this week. With the 4th tomorrow including a picnic at a neighbor's, my younger daughter's 21st birthday on Saturday, and my older daughter making it home from NJ this weekend...there will be lots of opportunities for less than healthy choices. As long as I minimize those and stay active, I'll be happy.
Have a wonderful, safe, and healthy 4th of July!