Reflections of June and plans for July
Tuesday, July 03, 2012
I went back to read my old blog with the May recap to see how I did on my June goals. Hmmm....
1. Fitness minutes - 640. COMPLETE. Just barely though... my last 30 minutes I probably shouldn't have counted... I had some friends over for wine... and after we finished the bottle, we went for a tipsy walk across a field (a very hilly field!!) to the winery to buy another bottle. We walked fairly vigorously... and it added up to 39 mins. I normally would NOT track this type of walk. But I suppose walking to a winery is a lot better than sitting in the yard, on our butts, not moving, right??? Haha, a bit of a stretch, but hey, I counted it. Maybe I should make myself make up for it this month?
2. 1 ST per week. FAIL. I don't think I did any ST for the last two weeks. Not even pushups or sit ups or those types of exercises... which have been my go-to exercises while our house is being reno'ed.
I had a bunch of Personal Growth goals... as I am going through a journey of significant personal change right now. Here they were:
1. Be ok, even welcoming of chaos, into my life. PASS. Sometimes this one is tricky, but I think I have been more open and welcoming of chaos than ever before. And I am more aware of the fact that there are forces greater than I at play, and I need to let things be. I think I am slowly gettign the hang of this, and it makes me happy.
My reminder quote:
"From chaos and distruction comes rebirth and growth."
2. Try to listen to my heart, my body, my inner voice more.
Hmmm... no pass or fail on this one... it is a work in progress, exactly as it should be. But again, I am more aware. And I can "watch the thinker" in a way I haven't been able to do before. So I see progress.
3. Journal. FAIL. Unless you count my blogs and sparkmails as journaling... this is the only type of journalling I have done. Blah. I need to do this. I know that.
4. Learn to sit quietly, and just be still.
Neither pass nor fail... very much a work in progress. I think one step of progress is that I have reached a point where I would rather hike in silence than listen to music. I feel this is a big step for me being ok with being silent and observing my thoughts rather than trying to repress them.
1. Bootcamp/scupt/total body - 2x per week for the first two weeks of july.
While I am on vacation (last 2 weeks of july) 2x per week of pushups, sit ups, lunges, trip-dips, etc.
2. Fitness minutes - 640 mins (same as last month) + 30 mins to make up for June for a total of 670. I am on vacation... I should be able to get this with plenty of hikes.
3. Wakeboard! We had the boat out this weekend, but it was just too cold. I haven't been up in YEARS, but I am so going to do it this month, and get out as much as I can!
4. Personal growth - keep at June goals. And host my group of mentor ladies first week of august.
The last week was a bit slack. I drank a lot of wine. I didn't put effort in with food or activity, really. I need to recommit this month.
1. Start tracking food again. Daily for the first week of july. Track treats, so I know where I am.
2. Visualize my goals. See and feel the vision, and live as though it is reality.
3. I am going to be on vacation for the last two weeks of july. Wine in the evening is ok. Junkfood is not. There is so much beautiful local fruit ready now... I will dig into the strawberries and cherries and raspberries like mad! I will also eat tons of delicious fresh salads with local veggies. And maybe fish that we catch!
Maybe I should work on making my vision more tangible while on vacation. I need to think about this.
The most exciting thing of all is that in the next two weeks, my KITCHEN should be back in running order!! The rest of the cabinets are coming today (not the door fronts, but the boxes). The floor is getting finished today. Crown molding and baseboards starting today. Sink plumbed this week. Counters by July 15. I am so excited. Once I have a full kitchen, and a dishwasher, watch out! I am going to be cooking up a storm like a crazy mad woman!
It will be nice not to rely on takeout and convinience. And have a functional, beautiful kitchen that works for ME!
Hope everyone has a fabulous week!