July Goal Update
Sunday, July 01, 2012
I realized that if I lose 7 more pounds, I will no longer be considered overweight. It seems like that's doable. I don't want to think about that long-term goal of 130, so I think I'll just head for that 141. I think I could do that by the end of August, if I kept up the healthy eating and exercising.
I had a horrid afternoon of emotional eating. I was hoping for a nice long Sunday afternoon nap. . .which happens about 95% of Sundays. But this was a 5% Sunday, because of a phone call and a kid calling out in his sleep during his nap. So I had some mint chocolate. And some more. And a little more. Too much. I felt really ill afterward. Instead of punishing myself and not eating anything for the rest of the day, I just ate sensibly and went over my calorie limit.
Goals for all weeks of July except the one when we're at the reunion:
1. 8 hrs of sleep a night
2. complete 3 jogs each week, composite of intermediate and advanced endurance plans
3. no sugar except a little at reunion
4. see 144 on scale by end of month (that's a great number by the way, one gross, or 12 squared, very divisible)
5. consult SparkPeople meal plans when in need of an idea, instead of high-calorie winging it
6. 10,000 steps a day, not sending the children up and down the stairs for things but fetching them myself
7. strength training 3 days a week (blech. . .)