After surgery I really let loose. In not so many words. My eating wasn't the way it was supposed to me, neither was my working out... and it doesn't help my doc has me on a new medication that one of the side effects is weight gain. Now I'm not chalking up my +13lbs from surgery because of the meds, but I gotta get serious about this ya'll! AND my fitness test is coming up. Normally I'd take it in Sep, but I'll likely be gone the WHOLE month, so it'll be in Aug before I leave. And I have to be careful and not schedule it around that TOM, so it pushes it even earlier!
I got a sweet widget for my phone that shows me in the top right corner how many days until my potential test- 40!
So here's a few things getting me on track:
1) Posted scary but REAL "before/now" photos in my album
2) Wellness Momma is doing a Summer Wellness challenge... and myself & my girl TAT2DOLLFACE are on board for this! Check it out: wellnessmama.com/5306/su
**this started AFTER my oven made s'mores tonight
3) On board with my Couch to 5K workouts (did week 4 day 2 today) - 3 times a week
4) Back to loving/hating Jillian Michaels. Did 6 Week 6 Pack on Saturday. Goal is to do a video everyday; likely to alternate between 6W6P and Ripped in 30. (Issue with Ripped in 30 is the weights, and I leave on Sunday for three weeks. We'll see. I'll be doing that workout Tues since I have to let my inner thighs rest from yesterday's JM workout-felt a little tweak in the thighs that wasn't comfortable, PLUS the running/walking that occurred today in the crazy heat UP and down 15% grade hills)
5) Nightly pushups/situps/flutter kicks to get ready for my situps/pushups part of the test.
My goal is to get a 90% on this test, but last year was kind of a fluke (I think) that I scored above a 90%. Let's see... to get a 90.1% I'll need...
Waist Measurement: 31.5
Realistically I think I could do:
Waist Measurement: 33"
Which is 81.6%
This PT test will be a challenge in many ways. The waist measurement (see above comment regarding weight gain), and everything really! If by the end of July I cannot run comfortably (jaw pain wise) then I'll take the test walking. The situps and pushups are hard because I haven't done them, and the pain associated with the jaw surgery (clenching muscles while doing those exercises), and situps from the hip graft. But I gotta give it my best.
Anyway, just wanted to send an update to the SP world and friends... so ya'll knew what was going on! And could help keep me accountable
Thanks all! Night night!