Saturday, June 30, 2012
I just read a blog of July goals - and I thought 'I need to do that'. My next thought was 'Hey! I did a goals blog recently - I should look back at it and see how I went'.
This is obviously not a good sign. You can't just write a list of goals, file them away - and expect to achieve them.
These were my goals for the last 3 months
1. Keep maintaining **** DONE
2. Get the cough/allergy thing sorted out - a.s.a.p. No procrastination. **** NO. STILL NOT SORTED, AND LOTS OF PROCRASTINATION
3. Strength training. **** NO
4. Make healthy snacks/lunch for myself for when we go out. ***** MUCH BETTER AT THIS
I give myself 50%.
GOALS FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS
1. Keep maintaining
2. Get the cough/allergy thing sorted
3. 230 fitness minutes per week, including 4+ ST sessions per week
4. Food focus - fresh fruit, vegetables
I really want to focus on getting my serves of fruit and veges. I must admit that I have been counting a few grapes, or some slices of tomato as a serve.
A serve is
- half cup of raw, canned, frozen fruit (a billiard ball size)
- quarter cup of dried fruit (an egg size)
- 1 cup of raw vegetables (a baseball size)
- half a cup of cooked vegetables (a billiard ball)
How will I keep my goals in focus?
- I am going to add them to my Spark Page
- Maintaining - I weigh and track my weight every week, so this is always front of mind
- Fitness Minutes - I will be tracking these every week in order to get my 1000 award
- Food focus - mindful tracking of serves
- Getting the cough sorted - make a couple of doctors appointments first thing Monday morning!
Thanks for dropping by!