Carol Gets Fit - Weeks Three and Four
Saturday, June 30, 2012
2012 is flying by. My handy-dandy Excel chart shows me I will be at my goal weight by Thanksgiving! So that time should just fly by, as well. Just 31 lbs. to go, at a weight loss of 1.25 lbs per week! But not like this last week – I am at a stand still of 166 lbs. But all-in-all, I have lost 5 lbs since May 12th and 15 lbs since Nov. 13, 2011.
These past 2 weeks have been really busy and while I lost 2 lbs in week three, I lost no lbs in week four.
Still maintaining my focus & momentum: Analyzing each day helps to set a positive path for success the next day.
Success or failure, the choice is ours. We’ll see how this next week goes.
Here’s how I did on my goals set in Week One and Week Two:
(1) Working Out. Week One‘s goal was to “set up a strict schedule for my gym workouts and decide what exercises and classes I enjoy that really fit my lifestyle”, and Week Two was “don’t beat yourself up”.
Here’s how I did: Week Three, I was at the gym 3 days for 3 hrs of exercise. Week Four, I was there only 1 day and guess what? Week Three I lost 2 lbs. and Week Four I lost ZERO lbs. So back to the gym.
(2) Diet: Week One‘s goal was to “work on setting up a diet plan and making healthy dishes ahead of time for those nights I am at the gym until 8:00 p.m. (Chicken strips from Burger King is not the healthiest food choice. )” and Week Two was full of salads.
Here’s how Weeks Three and Four went: Salads really work for me. I did branch out with chicken breasts with melted cheese, but all told, no fast food and no processed food.
(3) Tracking & Journalling: Week One and Week Two‘s goal was to “Maintain momentum. Analyzing each day helps to set a positive path for success the next day.”
Continued my personal journal and Excel weight loss chart. Love to see the weight go down each week.
Progress is certainly slow, but I just keep plodding forward because I want to get a good report from my doctor when I return at the end of August.
And so, my Goals for Week Five are:
(1) Workouts: Back to the gym. This is my biggest challenge. Find a new way to make it work.
(2) Diet: Salad is getting old. I looked at some new diet books recently, looking for new motivation and recipes. Next week, stay motivated to add variety to dinner.
(3) Tracking & Journalling: Continue to “Maintain momentum. Analyzing each day helps to set a positive path for success the next day.”