Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Well Debbie came ashore this afternoon and she is moving across the state toward our area. She has been downgraded, but she has done her damage here. We have rain comeing down. We had 12 inches on Monday at our house, 11 inches on Sunday and I am not sure where we are today, but it has been coming down longer and harder than yesterday. The ground is saturated and the water has no where to go. We were out this morning for Hubby's doc appointment and we saw how high all the rivers are around us. Our house is located on a large pennisular where one river goes around and into another one. Hubby told me they are thinking about closing and letting them come home. It might be a little late if all the roads in and out are flooded already. As I am blogging, the rain has become a slow drizzle at my house, but the just announce that another heavy wave is due on our side of town in about two hours.
Every few minutes they are annoucing on TV new road closures. I would say that about 1/3 of the main connector roads are closed due to flooding. I 10 west is closed for about 50 miles. The beaches are flooding and roads are closed. The Connector interstate around town is closed at four different locations.
In all the surrounding areas they are going in with boats and getting people out of their homes. Places that have never flooded are under water. Water rises at the end of our street . Hubby called and asked me how far up it was. I told him I had not run out into the road to see were the water is. It was up the road about 45 feet this morning but had recided. But the rain started about 2 PM so I am sure it is further up now. We have not seen this go into anyone's home in all the years we have lived here, so I hope that is a really good sign.
I am concerned about the cats. We put out a large crate under the eves of the house where they like to lay and put it up on some bricks so it would be out of any water that accumlated and threw in some old towels and things in the very back. Hubby went out and took them out as they were getting wet. Hopefully, they realize the crate is there for them. We talked about putting up a little cat house in the back by the fence off the ground so they could get up there in really bad weather. Boy and they are ferrels. We certainly do not want anything to happen to them
Miss Coco will not go out at all. I just do not know how long she can hold it. Yesterday she kept wanting to go out but when I would open the door for her she would step out and get hit by th rain and run back in. Finally she stood at the door and started really barking. I opened it and she ran out and did her business in a real hurry. I guess she will do the same tonight when she cannot hold it any longer.
I told her we are going to fix a cup of tea and curl up and watch NCSI for a while. She likes to sit there with me and watch tv.