Skinny Fiber - Day 1
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Yesterday was my first day (back) on Skinny Fiber. I don't feel an immediate change. It's supposed to cleanse/detox you and then speed up your metabolism (gently, not all at once like a caffeine pill!) and also help you feel full so you eat less.
I was on it for 3 weeks, but I had to stop taking it when I got sick a couple weeks ago because the doctor had me on an antibiotic and I didn't want to risk messing with the absorption of the medicine. They say it's safe to take with any medication as long as it's an hour apart from each other. But with it being an antibiotic, I wanted to make sure I was absorbing ALL of it.
When I was on it last time, I lost nothing the first week, 3 lbs the second week and 3 lbs the third week. I had no bad side effects other than being constipated the first week. I took a laxative the 7th day and it completely cleared up. I'm not sure if the constipation would have went away on its own, or if the laxative helped. According to my research on the ingredients, it CAN cause temporary constipation until your body gets used to the different things in it, then it goes away on its own. I will find out this time! I did, however, have several WONDERFUL side effects.
1) Sleeping better. I usually wake up 3-4 times throughout the night. After the first week I was sleeping through the night and feeling refreshed when I woke up for work!
2) More energy. I was able to unintentionally stop drinking coffee because I didn't NEED it anymore.
3) NO cravings. I'm literally addicted to chocolate and I went the last two weeks on Skinny Fiber with not even so much as a craving for it.
4) Less depression. One of the ingredients helps your body produce lithium. The week after I stopped taking Skinny Fiber I was back to having severe panic attacks and felt so depressed I didn't want to get out of bed (that is not unusual for me, but went away after the first week of Skinny Fiber). The research I did says that it is safe to take but if you're on lithium from your doctor, you need to be closely monitored because your dosage will need to be lowered or stopped.
5) Blood sugar seemed to stabilize. I have had my sugar tested over and over...it is always normal, but throughout the day I will get very light headed and if I'm hungry at all it puts me into a panic and I have to eat immediately. My dad (an RN) said it sounded like low blood sugar. After the first week of Skinny Fiber I no longer had the feelings like that. I didn't get light headed and when I felt hungry, I didn't panic about it when I was hungry. It was more of an annoyance than a need to eat immediately.
6) Broke the food addiction. I'm an over-eater. Whether I'm hungry or not, if I see something I like I can't pass it up. And I eat to the point of being stuffed and uncomfortable. I can't stop eating when I'm full if I don't feel satisfied. If I eat something that I don't like, I will have to eat again - something that tastes good. Even if I'm full. After the first week on Skinny Fiber - this was GONE! That was probably the best side effect for me.
I was a little disappointed the first time around - because my best friend started taking it 2 weeks before me and within the first month she had lost 25 lbs and 27 inches from her body. BUT she was a lot bigger than me. She was a tight size 16. I'm a normal size 9 to 12, depending on the brand etc. She has been on it for 6 weeks and is now down to a size 12. I know that because I only have 30 lbs to lose total, it will take me longer than someone who has 150 to lose. They could lose 30 in a month. I'm not going to be able to.
Now mind you, my friend had those results not changing her diet or exercise at all. The only thing she changed was she completely cut out pop and any other drinks with calories. She uses Mio (yuck!) to flavor her water, and thanks to the Skinny Fiber, she eats less of the normal food she always has ate (which is mostly garbage, and I harp on her about it ALL the time!) The first time I was on it, I did the same approach she did. And like I said, within 3 weeks I had lost 6 lbs. That is a healthy rate of losing.
THIS time around, I'm taking a healthier approach:
Breakfast: Old fashioned oatmeal, brown rice with nuts and agave, or 3 servings of fresh fruit
Snack: raw almonds & raisins (and whatever else is available for home made "trail mix")
Lunch: 4 cups mixed greens, 1 whole tomato, black olives, carrot shavings, mushrooms, whatever else is on hand and fresh and raw...with vinegar and extra virgin olive oil (heavy on the vinegar, very light on the oil)
Snack: 1-2 cups raw veggies with hummus
In addition to the Skinny Fiber, I got a raw multivitamin. I can't take vitamins at all, they always make me SO sick. The woman at Vitamin World (I'm sure she's no expert) recommended these. She said that other people who have complained about the same things have been able to take these. I took one yesterday and did get the headache and upset stomach, but I ate a banana and it went away. Today I ate a banana before I took it and I had no problems at all.
I also bought a 7-day cleanse that was recommended to me. Since I have been eating 50% raw diet this week, I'm going to wait until next week to do the cleanse. I'm allowing the Skinny Fiber to start filling me up, detoxing me, and taking away my cravings first. I think that way I will get even better effects from the cleanse because everything will mostly be out of my system then.
As for exercise, I'm just trying to walk and trying to do little exercises to tone as I'm waiting for dinner to cook and stuff like that. Also I'm trying to do my Pilates video (but was way too lazy when off the Skinny Fiber - I'll be trying for more activity now that I'm back on it and should be having more energy!)
Start weight: 159.4
Day 1: 159.0