Been meaning to blog for awhile! I'm home alone with a ton of cleaning to do, so obviously this is the perfect time to blog lol. So much has been going on! Just got back last week from a week at the beach. I'm so super proud to report that me and Mike ran EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Between running and walking probably at least 4-5 miles each day. So proud! We vacation in Long Beach Island, NJ. There is a perfect stretch of road parallel to the beach to run on, the weeks prior to vacation I was dreaming of running on lol. So glad I made those dreams come true. My max run was 3:56 miles (in pouring rain and wind, mind you). Felt really proud about that. Though with the end of June nearing aka the 10K that I'm signed up for nearing, it's time to start up'ing the mileage.
I was just reading thru my first blog of 2012 and I had some goals in mind that I want to touch on now.
So here they are, my 2012 goals:
1. Lose a minimum of 5lbs before Tampa trip in March (maybe squeeze into some skinny jeans?!)
2. 5K in May - faster time than original time of 37:17
3. Run at least 4 straight miles at the beach in June
4. 10K training over the summer
5. Track/plan meals, get better at this!
6. End 2012 15lbs lighter than I began it
6 Month Review:
1. I did not lose 5lbs before Tampa, maybe more like 3. Also never wore skinny jeans, I think I wore shorts the whole time! My short and muscular legs aren't really cut out for skinny jeans, not sure what I was thinking there lol.
2. May 5K official time was 36:41. I was happy but not thrilled. Weather was miserably humid that morning. I forgot to start my RunKeeper for about 10 min but I did push out a 9:50 min mile at some point. Hoping to get a few more 5K races under my belt before September! Shouldn't be so down on myself, I ran completely alone for the first time that day. Only stopped for about 2 seconds to take a picture, felt really proud of that alone.
3. While I didn't run 4 straight miles last week at the beach, I did do the 3:56 mentioned above AND I did a little over 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym last Thursday. I'd say this one is in the bag.
4. 10K training will start soon!
5. I suck at tracking and planning. Though recently with farmer's market season underway I've been craving fresh veggies and have a ton in the fridge.
6. This scares me lol
I think I'm doing well so far in 2012. I'm noticing how much I'm turning to exercise now. This past Wednesday was too hot for a run outside so I ended up sitting at home idle all night, was really down on myself afterwards. I never feel like that after working out, duh. Such a mood booster for me, the more I realize that the more I get moving. I'm still walking dogs at the shelter at least once a week. I brought one home over Memorial Day weekend to spend the night. Poor guy had a rough start to his life, I just wanted him to have a fun sleepover. He is such an amazing guy! Actually has an adoption hold on him today so I'm hoping everything works out! I'll attach a picture to the entry.
Still no wedding plans in the works! We've been engaged since Sept 21. Honestly, getting married or not getting married doesn't really change anything for me and Mike. We still live together like we're married. Is it wrong I'd rather save money towards things like home improvements or vacation?!
How is everyone else doing so far in 2012?
I suppose I should get back to cleaning lol