Oh the joys of being a woman in middle age.... Just 10 days after I wrote my last Blog I stepped on the scale and "waaaaaahhhhh" I was up 2 kg. Can't be true..... tried again, still the same. Then I stopped to think:
Moody - tick
swollen feet - tick
bloated stomach - tick
water retention - tick
chocolate craving - tick
Hotflashes - mild but tick
So here we go again. After a few months of being back to regular and little sypmtoms, here we go again. I hate it, I hated myself and felt fat & ugly once again....... Convinced I never will loose this weight and get down to the lower 70s in weight.
After 2 days of feeling sorry for myself and craving chocolate like crazy I decided to fight it:
* No chocolate in the house
* No unneccessary trips to the supermarket (there are shelves with chocolate)
* lots of oat meal and porridge to drain the exess fluid
* lots of grapes
* walks on eveyr day i don't go to the gym
* lots of water & herbal teas to flush out toxines
* Lots of talks with BF, who is so understanding and ready to sit & rub my feet when I feel moody, cranky and down
Now I definitely feel better, have run quite a bit - did 14km run today for the first time in over a year - and have shed 1kg of that water retention. I am trying to stay off any medication as much as possible, since I am not ready for HRT. But if it gets worse I will go back on Estovon. Took it last year for 6 months when the symptoms were worse.
This time round having BF around definitely helps
We only started dating end of last year, so he wasn't there when I was really suffering.
What I think also helps is that this time round I knew immediately what was going on and was able to counteract quickly. You can do so much with a positive attitude, nutrition and lots of exercise.