1. Number one, of course, is feeling good, not depressed.
Sitting after exercise is so much more pleasant than just sitting all day long. It just feels different.
2. My ability to walk, to move, to climb a flight of stairs. I realize now, this gift of movement could be taken away at any moment. How lucky I am to be able to move!
3. Not being diabetic. I appreciate now that my body can better manage my blood sugar. That's a whole algorithm of complications I WON'T be having!
4. I can eat an extra donut, now and then, without feeling judged. It's like a non alcoholic having a drink. They don't judge you like they do a larger person eating.
5. The ability to sit in a chair, anywhere, without melting over the sides. I now see overweight people who don't fit easily in their seats. I always took that ability for granted.
6. I can find clothes so much easier, now. They make cuter clothes in the regular sizes. You can FIND something as simple as a bra when you get smaller.
7. My cholesterol is better. Cardiac disease can be crippling when it takes away your heart's ability to pump your blood around. I can move around without being short of breath.
8. I feel stronger. I can just do things better. This is becoming even more important to me as I get older.
9. I am not so hot. OMG! This should have been number two on the list. I am not so hot. I can move around more.
10. I am HOT! I mean I look better than I have in a long time. It shows, and I feel it.
If I lose no more weight, I am still a winner!