How to Lose 5% in 8 weeks?
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Answer: make a lousy investment.
Unless you're doing the 5% Summer Challenge then losing 5% is the name of the game.
For me this works out to me having to lose 9 lbs to reach my goal of 176 lbs.
How will I do this?
1. Still training for the half marathon coming up in September so I'm sure that will help.
2. Been doing two long rides these last few weeks and that seems to be helping so more of that.
3. Been drinking more water and will continue getting in 8 glasses or more. The colder the better!
4. Been eating more fruit and veg but I'm committed to the team goal of 5 pieces EVERY day. You'd think riding a bike for almost 90 minutes would be hard but this is the one that I'm going to have to work to make happen.
5. Strength train more than I currently am.
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
The Colonel has his secret recipe but unlike that chicken crazy fool (Lord rest his soul) I'm sharing mine with you. Hmmm, if I hit my goal maybe a trip to KFC to celebrate. Wash the taste of 8 weeks worth of fruit and veg away, what do you think?
I'm sure my son, who has no weight issue, would say "YES!!"and be 1st in line. We'd just have to hold him there long enough to order.