Saturday, June 23, 2012
So, this week wasn't that bad but I had a set back last night.
I was home, husband was working late and I ate a PB&J after I already had my daily calorie allowance.
Now, I'm not going to allow this set back to bring me down. I'm not going to say screw it and just give up because of one sandwich. And to be honest, I'll find out tomorrow morning how badly it screwed me up. In the meantime however, I need to find some other activity to keep me from what I call "lonely eating". I seem to like to eat when I'm "alone". Now as a Mommy I'm technically never alone but when my little one is sleeping and hubby's not home...
So, here's a couple ideas:
1. Embroidery- I have a project I've barely touched, should probably get working on it.
2. Toy/book organization- My little one has her toys all mixed up. Granted, organizing and sorting will only lead to a new mess the second she's up, but, if it means I'm not downing snacks/peanut butter, then may as well shuffle things around.
3. Exercise- Well DUH! Not a terrible option, and it wouldn't hurt to get in a little cardio. I know how long of a nap she takes. Enough time to workout, shower, and then a few more Mommy time minutes...
4. Spark :-)- Well, I'm sure being on this site would keep my mind off of food.
5. Manicure- it's been so long since I did anything with my nails. I really should buy some new nailpolish and start working on it. Someday my daughter may want to do it with me.
I'm sure there are quite a few more things I could find but I think these are 5 very good options to keep myself from eating. After all, after all's said and done, did the PB&J really taste better than I'd feel in a smaller size. Maybe another option, before eating extra, I should peek at those cankles I've developed, REALLY want to get rid of those.